1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 sportback roof rails

remslie20 Jun 9, 2009

1. remslie20

remslie20 Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where i can get my hands on some roof rails for the a3 sportback. I would prefere the matt black to the chrome. I tried to negotiate some new ones from audi before i bought the car last month (57 plate) but was told it would not be possible as they cost £470 + 3HRS @ £90 HR fitting!:faint:

Has anyone else tried fitting these themselves??

2. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Active Member

As a matter of interest and purely out of interest....will these fit on the 2 door A3?

3. Igdos

Igdos Member

Don't think they would - the roofline is shorter on the 3 door.

4. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

I managed to get some for my old A4b7 for peanuts....and then I saw what was involved in fitting them.Removal of headlining, deactvation of airbags...I was quoted £400 for fitting hence they are still in my shed.Have B8 now with black rails so how ironic that I have them and they wont fit yours.If anyone else wants them theyre free bar p+p.:(

5. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

If you end up with chrome ones (second hand etc) drop me a line I have the black matt ones and want chrome ones.... Not at £470 though! :)