A3 Sportback Bulbs

cliveywolves

Reaction score
Website
www.carinsurance4u.co.uk
HI....

Thinking of changing the main headlight bulbs on my A3 Sportback it is a 2007 model, they just dont seem bright enough...

Want something that looks bright/white and sharp but not illegal...

Any ideas, what i can use i aint got a clue.......:think:

im using osram siver stars upto 50% more light! (white light):thumbsup: 12v and 55 watt road legal (made in germany)

I currently have Philips Vision Plus (50% more light but still legal H7 bulbs) in my headlights. I've used this type in all of my past A3s. Very pleased with them although the new Sportback I will be collecting on 1st March will have Xenon Plus. I understand that Philips now offer an 80% more light bulb in an H7, which is still a legal bulb.

Both the Philips and the Osram bulbs can be obtained over the internet from www.PowerBulbs.co.uk. I have always had excellent service from them in the past.

There is a huge waiting list for the +80% Philips bulbs. No more expected until March and everywhere is taking pre orders.

I have just fitted some Halfords +50% bulbs which give loads more light. I had Powerbulbs own make before and they both blew after 3 months.

I called PowerBulbs yesterday to chase a 3 week old order for Philips H7's and the (very short) conversation went like this:
Me: "Hi, I was just checking on a recent order that hasn't..."
PB: "Philips X-Treme?"
Me: "Er, yes."
PB: "H5 or H7?"
Me: "H7"

and so on. As Sinny says, there's a shortage and there's still another 2 or 3 weeks to go. ****** clocks will have gone forward by then :)

whats better blue or white tint..... or is just personal preference on colour ??? is xenon more white than blue tint ????

Found some RING Ultra White Xenon 50% Brighter pair for £15.00 anybody used them ???

i have just put H7's in my a3 but im not happy about the "yellow" full beam against the H7's - what bulbs can i get to blend the light better?

just looking white ones
thanks

Fitted some Philips VisionPlus headlight bulbs 50% brighter ones today....
Cant really see much difference from the original philips bulbs audi factory fitted....
Also got some nice war wounds all over my hands as they are so hard to locate and get back into place.........Never mind hey.....

Personally you get what you pay for on bulbs I think.. I was lucky enough that my girlfriend bought me some PIAA Chrome Whites (£80 worth) for my last birthday and they are sooo much better than the normal ones, that I've got in my courtsey car at the moment.. I reckon that they are not that much far off of Xenons!

I have the Power Bulbs Power Blue in mine and am very impressed with them. I bought one pair, got another free and some Philips Sidelights all for £30. So I replaced Main, Fogs and sidelights - a good deal!