1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 SPORTBACK and 3dr boot dimensions

sanghera Dec 27, 2013

1. sanghera

sanghera Member

Hi all,

does se anybody know if the dimensions of the SPORTBACK and 3dr are the same. I ask as I have been given a sport backs boot liner and wondered if it would fit my 3dr which is on order. Cheers.

2. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

I don't think they are, the sportback boot is slightly bigger.

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

According the the dimensions given in the Price and Specification Guide the length of the 3-door boot is 770mm and the Sportback is 778mm. Most of the additional length of 58mm between the 3-door and the Sportback is in the rear passenger space.

To me the most important measurement if from the top edge of the loading cill in a horizontal line to the backrest of the rear seats and on the Sportback this is 730mm which is 40mm less than my current 8P Sportback. Bigger car but smaller luggage area.

4. sanghera

sanghera Member

Thanks for for the reply. As you are very informative I would just like to confirm that with some persuasion the bootliner given to me may just about fit?

5. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

My 8V was only ordered after I made sure the dog crate would fit in (only just) in the middle of an Audi showroom, not as much room as my previous 8P?

6. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

I think the boot is bigger than in the 8P in terms of capacity, perhaps just a different shape

7. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S3

Overall capacity is larger but depth is about 4cm shorter, some suitcases I have that fitted nicely in my 8P no longer fit in lengthways in my 8V