a3 sport high milage remap

joshmega1

Reaction score
i recently bought a3 2.0 tdi sport with 144,000 its had its cambelt done 3 times and its clutch and flywheel done at 114,000 miles, im looking at getting a remap, just wondering if anyone has had a remap with around the same miles on, and had any proplems? thanks

i recently bought a3 2.0 tdi sport with 144,000 its had its cambelt done 3 times and its clutch and flywheel done at 114,000 miles, im looking at getting a remap, just wondering if anyone has had a remap with around the same miles on, and had any proplems? thanks
Got a remap on a mk4 golf gt tdi with 142k on, no issues at all but I do know the mk4 1.9 gt tdi engine is a lot stronger than the newer 2.0tdi's.

Turbos are not as strong tbh, any decent mapper would probably advise against it

Mine was at 145k miles when I remapped it. No troubles yet and it is at 172k miles now.

Who did you have it remapped with? Was there a noticeable difference? Also has your car had a new turbo at any stage? Thanks

Who did you have it remapped with? Was there a noticeable difference? Also has your car had a new turbo at any stage? Thanks

Hey mate,

I remapped it myself, I do this in free time. The difference is absolutely huge. It is like driving a totally different car. Much more torque throughout the whole rev range, I can finally drive until the redline without losing power like diesels do.

My car hasnt ever had a turbo swap, it is all factory. I did check the injectors at Bosch service and refreshed them a bit before remapping though.

A good remapping company will be able to give you more power without turning the turbo up.

Reactions: Rideen
Most of the tuners will avoid touching turbo pressure on these engines.

Not my cup of tea though, it can get smokey if not mapped perfectly (too low air to fuel ratio can happen). Also, the turbo on BKD is as bad as it is, it will die someday and then hybrid turbo goes in. :D

Reactions: Sayam