1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 small grill v big grill

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by SteveTDCi, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

In the 2005/6 revision that made the 3 door look like the Sportback were there any other mechanical changes or was it all cosmetics, are the sportback style cars the better ones or is there no real difference ? I've seen a car, which isn't a sportback but its the early car with lots of toys,

Also does anyone know if its possible to buy a kit that makes the old model look like the new one ? I don't want to change the lights as the one I want to look at has xenons.
  2. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:
  3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

Cool, thanks for that, I had looked at awesomes site but thought that was for the later 8p model.
  4. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

5. maars

maars Full speed ahead

the Hoefle one is for the 8P! :icon_thumright:
  6. killa_z

killa_z Couped Out

apart from the big front facelift grill, i was told the only other difference is the steering wheel

oettinger, abt and hofele all do convertion kits but none that i personally like enough to go for, all is shown here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=45051

the other alternative to fit the new style big grill to a 2003-2004/5 8P model is to change the whole ubmper along with the bonnet - expensive
  7. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member