A3 sline shocks noises after fitting back from coilovers

Hoesty

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently changed my coilovers back to stock sline set up. I'm getting the occasional thump/boing noise on sharp corners/bumps at the rear and a tin rattling like sound at the fronts at slow speeds.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the Rear springs aren't located properly and maybe need a twist if they don't manage to find the seat themselves after a week or so! The tinny rattle from the front could be anything, but that's the one I'd be looking at more urgently for anything loose or missing - check brake hoses are properly secured on their clips and not rubbing on tyres.

It sounds like the Rear springs aren't located properly and maybe need a twist if they don't manage to find the seat themselves after a week or so! The tinny rattle from the front could be anything, but that's the one I'd be looking at more urgently for anything loose or missing - check brake hoses are properly secured on their clips and not rubbing on tyres.

Thanks. Had the wheel alignment done today and it's driving good as new. Getting them checked out on Saturday to see what's causing the noise, although id try get some info or anyone's experience before I take her in.

Gotta love the aftermath

Ok seemed to have found the problem today as the noise has cleared on the front.

The bottom of the brake dust tprotector was bent in away from the wheel and hitting the bushes bar where the 3 bolts are. I bent it back towards the wheel/brake disc and all seems good.

Last edited: