1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 sline owner split grill help ???

mA3tty Quattro Sep 18, 2011

1. mA3tty Quattro

mA3tty Quattro New Member

Hi plp Need some advice ive got a 2005 sline tdi but have the split grill ive tried to search but cant see wht year bumper i need withowt changeing the bonnet if i can ?also and my rear bumper is awful can any rear bumper fit ? i know theres loads on this but theres diffrent models

2. wez3570

wez3570 Member

As far as I'm aware, you will have to change the bonnet for a 2005-2008 single grill bumper.

Any rear bumper will fit as long as you get a 3 door bumper if you have a 3 door, 5 if you have a 5.

3. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

As Wez said if you want the single grille you will need a new bonnet there no way around it. Done the single grille conversion myself.
    If you have a 3door any 3door 8P rear bumper will (BESIDES the convertible ones) and vice versa with the 5doors/sportback.
    Have a quick search both topics have been covered many times and there alot of threads going around with part numbers and prices.
    Good luck

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  4. L80EWY

L80EWY Member

You need to change the bonnet if your putting a single grill on mate I believe

Edit: already answered

5. mA3tty Quattro

Right just the bonnet and bumper thn no headlights of wings ? sorry its a 3 door rear bumper is shocking some1 decided to cut a tow bar into it :3sadwalk:

6. The Engineer

The Engineer Member

I hate the rear bumper too, I can't wait to remove mine for a newer one. (cough: Ash B, cough)

Yea with the front bumper you will need just the bumper and bonnet. Or you could opt for the ABT ad on to your bumper :thumbsup:

7. wez3570

wez3570 Member

If you want to facelift it to 8P3 (2008-2011), then you would need, bumper, bonnet, headlamps, wings and mirrors etc.

There's a very cheap mod you can do in the meantime, mod your grills and bumper to 'look' like a single grill.

There's build threads and guides galore on all options, hit the search button.

Here's one to get you going (hope you dont mind Sarah)http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...l-conversion-done-v6-s3-hybrid-pic-heavy.html

8. mA3tty Quattro

I cant find that ABT mod for sale anywere threads say its owt of stock ?if its a pre 2008 front bumper thn just bonnet and bumper ? also them 2010 rear lights a straight swap sorry for goin on lol:haudrauf:

9. wez3570

wez3570 Member

Yes

10. wez3570

wez3570 Member

Yes :)