1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 SE suspension swap

MornyA3 Feb 19, 2012

1. MornyA3

MornyA3 Member

Hi I was wondering if sombody could help me with this one.. I want to change the suspension from my a3 2.0 tdi SE to the sline suspension (one I finally get my hands on a complete set) I was just wondering wether it was just a straight swap or wether there is alot more involved. Thanks Paul

2. Ads

Ads License to drive

As long as its from the same model/engine/number of doors as yours then it will be a straight springs and shocks swap.

However, if I were you I wouldn't go down that route. If that is the sort of drop you are looking for (25-30mm) then you'd be better off going for a springs/shock kit such as the h&r cup kit, bilstein b12 kit, or eibach pro kit matched with koni fsd shocks.
    It'll cost you more but will offer a much better ride and will look slightly lower than s-line.

3. MornyA3

MornyA3 Member

Hi ads, alright so how much are them kits? Yeah that's the sort of drop I'm looking for I just don't want to feel as if my spine is gonna go through my skull every time I hit a bump ha

4. plezz

plezz Member

Ask Damian at DPM for a quote, very helpful chap! should be able to supply them for you, and i believe he does a price match in case you find them cheaper elsewhere.

EDIT - i forgot to add, i'm also looking into doing something similar - dropping my SE down by 30mm. i'm looking at eibach pro kit, and where my shocks are in ok condition i should be able to get away with just changing my springs - won't be quite as comfy as changing shocks as well but should be at least a little comfier than S Line stock AFAIK.

Plezz.

5. Ads

Ads License to drive

You're looking at about £500-£600 for a spring/shocks set, but then you've got to add fitting/alignment which could add another couple of hundred.
    If you go for springs only then you could do it all for about £300-£350 (the springs will cost about £150ish).

6. Corrado Storm

Corrado Storm New Member

Has anyone fitted the Eibach Pro-Kit to an SE Sportback and kept the original SE shocks (and run it for a descent mileage)?

If so, 2 questions:

1. How did the Pro-Kit ride compared to the original SE set-up?

2. Were there any problems with the shocks having run them with the Pro-kit springs for 20-30k miles?

Any other thoughts feedback on the set-up?

Thanks!