1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 SB Sport Drive Select Question

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by m0sbf, Dec 30, 2013.

1. m0sbf

m0sbf Member

[Dec 30, 2013]
    Hi,

Just wondering whether someone can confirm whether "comfort" mode on the A3 2.0tdi Sport drive select makes any changes to the suspension. From browsing the manual and the web there seem to be conflicting statements. One article says suspension is softened, but I find this hard to believe: Audi A3 Saloon 1.6 TDI Sport review | Next Green Car

When I checked 'individual' mode it only seems to allow customisation of steering and engine response, nothing about suspension - so is this the case with the comfort setting too? Not sure how changing steering and engine response contributes to 'comfort' if that is the case. Anybody tried this setting and if so, how did you get on with it?

Thanks!
    Steve
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 24, 2014]

3. lee_fr200

lee_fr200 Active Member

[Dec 30, 2013]
    I'm guessing you would need the magnetic suspension to make an adjustment to the suspension damping
    cemerson likes this.
  4. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Dec 30, 2013]
    Correct.....you need magnetic ride to allow changes in suspension characteristics using drive select.
    cemerson likes this.
  5. m0sbf

m0sbf Member

[Dec 30, 2013]
    OK thanks for that...