1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Sat Nav Pics.

imported_unkle May 8, 2005

1. Do any of you guys have the bog standard Sat Nav option fitted? Im talking about the 1300 quid option rather than Sat Nav Plus, I've scoured the net but cant find any pictures....

Thx in advance.

2. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Its basically works through the DIS computer so you get a 4 button controller and knob in the gab by the fag lighter. Directions come up on the dash computer.

3. gizze

gizze Member

You would be better to order a symphony head unit, that way you can retrofit the DVD RNS-E unit for around £800 afterwards.

4. [ QUOTE ]
    You would be better to order a symphony head unit, that way you can retrofit the DVD RNS-E unit for around £800 afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea but the reason I asked was because I saw a dealers advert offering this option for no extra cost on all A3's ordered before the end of the month...

5. DaveS3Turbo

DaveS3Turbo Sepang Blue S3

Is the retro fit possible, what about the wiring loom, antenna for GPS etc?

6. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

All available via the net if you are technically minded..
    But then again, Tom Tom go is cheaper!...

7. gizze

gizze Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Good idea but the reason I asked was because I saw a dealers advert offering this option for no extra cost on all A3's ordered before the end of the month...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well tell them you will order the car if you can pay the extra £650 and have the full DVD version instead.