A3 & S3 Visual differences?

• Thread starter imported_mustwin1
  • Start date
I

imported_mustwin1

Alright all, i've just in the middle of buying a A3 Quattro, I would like to get it looking identical to an S3, apart from wheels and skirts, what else would I need to get? is it possible to get second hand bits from an Audi breakers? I would normally go for genuine Audi parts, but are there after market copies which are as good? Apologies for the list of questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Murdoch said:
Alright all, i've just in the middle of buying a A3 Quattro, I would like to get it looking identical to an S3, apart from wheels and skirts, what else would I need to get? is it possible to get second hand bits from an Audi breakers? I would normally go for genuine Audi parts, but are there after market copies which are as good? Apologies for the list of questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally would never make a car look like its big brother... there are much nicer aftermarket kits available which are stylish and subtle and look alot nicer than the S3 kit.

My RS3 bumper for example...
6_2.jpg

There is alot available!

Rich

Hmm looks cool, how much would the bumper set me back? Also, I assume I would need to fit skirts and change the rear bumper for it to 'blend' in, or am I mistaken? Sorry for ignorence, spent the last 10 years working with only VW's, so i'm learning all over again now!

[ QUOTE ]
Murdoch said:
Hmm looks cool, how much would the bumper set me back? Also, I assume I would need to fit skirts and change the rear bumper for it to 'blend' in, or am I mistaken? Sorry for ignorence, spent the last 10 years working with only VW's, so i'm learning all over again now!

[/ QUOTE ]

My bumper cost me £260 delivered, but the company i got it from are crap! Took ****** ages! You can get a similar one from www.venommotorsport.com under Reiger...its £299 for the single piece RS style bumper. I had my rear bumper colour coded to match, and also the side skirts painted. If i keep my car (currently considering changing) then i will be adding actual skirts onto it. The Zender ones as they are the nicest looking i've seen. To get the right look, either replace all the suspension with either coilovers, or a good spring/shock combo. Im currently using H&R -50mm springs which look really good. Hasnt lowered it 50mm but the wheels sit less than an inch from the arch.

Heres a pic of the rear bumper:
7_2.jpg

If you want more pics check out www.richbroadfield.f2s.com

Rich

The S3 has flared wheelarches which the standard bumpers key into, unless you get the wheelarches changed with new wings etc, there will be a gap.

The S3 doesn't look as nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif ........................no I'm not jealous - I'm NOT JEALOUS AT ALL!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif lol

Shame about the arches, I did think that was the case, but was told different. ok, I have around £750 to spend on the motor when I get it, what would you guys recommend I spend the money on? Suspension, chip, styling? I know its down to personal opinions, but I would just like to find out what yours are?

Mar

I would change the wheels first..........then lower it before chipping.

Get used to the present power then chip it at a later date to enjoy it more.

Thats sounds fair enough, I have budgeted for wheels, I was hoping to get 18" TT wheels, but maybe 19"s, but due to price of tyres I think 18"s will be the ones. Again chaps (&chapesses) I'm a total stranger to A3's so any advice will be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was going to get 19's but went for 18's due to performance loss with 19's and cost of tyres.

RSTT wheels are quite a popular mod and replicas are widely available............I went for the RS6 design like Rich above to be different as there is no one near me on in the area that I know of that has these wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif , apart from the RS6 itself of course!

Here is my S3!

2799S3b.jpg
2799S3a.jpg