A3 - S3 transformation (long...)

Not bad at all mate, very good write up. Car has come up nicely :)

Looking very good, fair play!

I sort of understand the moaners who say "why make it look like an S3 when it's not", but I don't necessarily agree.

If PregnantnProud had created some Rieger'd up, fibreglassy, ground-scraping Max Powerist abortion you'd all be like :puke:

OE S3 styling without badges is a classy move, and changing the colour was also brave (but not as brave as leaving it yellow would be)

Nice work...now move that boot badge will ya :whip:

Fantastic job done there, it looks the business, why did it end up white and not suzuka grey?

...and chrome indicators. Took SEMs advice on that one!

Just need to lower it next.

Slow but steady son, slow but steady.

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Last edited:
Looking Good Mate....:salute:

Lovely mate....Have the exact same plans for mine bar the headlights and wheels. Altho mines will be staying toucan yellow.:rockwoot:

How much would you say its cost you all in so far? if you dont mind me asking.

Nice job, how come you haven't answered how much it cost you?
I'd like to know please.

its not much that i set out to make an S3, its just i think the S3 is the best body kit for an A3.

Absolutely agree mate. I would love the S3 front bumper, rear valance and side skirts on mine, as I think the car looks so much better like that. Not that I want anyone to think it's an S3 and (like you) I certainly wouldn't badge it as something it's not!

Awesome job on the car though, it's unique in a subtle way and I think it looks great. Loving the wheels. Looking forward to seeing the pics once you've lowered it.
:respekt:

The guys at Maldon did a fantastic job on the transformation. The car is almost unrecognizable:

No, thats the car i've been driving in place of the Audi. It did its job well, but the only thing more boring that driving a Yaris is watching a painting of a Yaris dry.

The Audi was finished yesterday morning at 10am and I got it today at 11am. I was blown off my feet to say the least!:jump: Somehow, the car looks lower... i'm not sure anymore about the 25mm drop...

Right so i'll save the before and after pics and the 'artsy' photos for when ive got the rnse, and for when i actually find a location to do it.

The led lights are work in progress.

09 rear lights? :meeting:

:

DSC00011.jpg

Looks fantastic, great conversion so far!

I got my wooden flooring in Brooks Bros!

Whats good audi sport?

I've essentially finished this build thread now thought i'd update it one more time.

I've fitted 35mm AP springs new front&rear lights and a 6000k HID kit.

For some reason the front looks a little higher than the rear ;\

1-2.jpg

10.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

How are the wheels coping? i'm looking at those and RS4 reps, caling at Sorted very soon as they seem to be very cheap (don't want cheap if it means poor quality though)

what make of headlights did you go for & the lighting kit make too? Looking nice indeed.

i'm not sure the company that build the headlight. They may be called Depo... the HID kit are from hids4u.co.uk. They are great but they are giving me error messages now lol

How are the wheels coping? i'm looking at those and RS4 reps, caling at Sorted very soon as they seem to be very cheap (don't want cheap if it means poor quality though)

They are absoloutley fine. If you notice any scuffs on them its my poor driving. I've learnt the hard way. No they are excellent. Especially considering the real ones are £300 each, with discounts.

i'm not sure the company that build the headlight. They may be called Depo... the HID kit are from hids4u.co.uk. They are great but they are giving me error messages now lol
DOH! I hope they are ok for your wiper motor! I followed suit on the front grill:

a3badge1.jpg

Lot of work, but what a result! LOOOOOOOOOVLY. Big thumbs up from me, I'm also sick with envy.... :respekt:

Nothings settled of yet, will take another 1000 miles before its sat how its gonna sit, if u get me...

Oh i see. Well i hope so its got a strange ride height atm!

good transformation, looks £££!
So what engine hides under the bonnet of your pseudo S3 ?

Lol a 2.0 fsi petrol. Fast enough for me atm!

DOH! I hope they are ok for your wiper motor! I followed suit on the front grill:

a3badge1.jpg

Yeah looks good! You felt like i felt about the s3 badge huh? Thought i was gona snap something removing that

Whats good audi sport?

I've essentially finished this build thread now thought i'd update it one more time.

I've fitted 35mm AP springs new front&rear lights and a 6000k HID kit.

For some reason the front looks a little higher than the rear ;\

2-1.jpg

SOrry to dig up old thread but what headlight bulb was used in this, also is this a bi-xenon headlamp?
thanks

Just read this thread.. and I have to say ! Awesome car, much jealous!

Any problems with the Wiper motor and HID's as I have herd bad things (making me think twice about getting them unfortunately) :(

sorry but where can i source an A3 badge or FSI badge for the grill?

Just been reading you Thread, well done she looks great, i,m sure your very pleased with the results.Must of cost a fortune.
i understand that you mean about how the colours vary in different light and viewing angles, my A3 is also suzuka Gray and i pften get comments as to what colour it is - even my neighbours comment on how it seems to change.
enjoy your new call, well done mate

philip

need help please cant find the lights anywhere i have spent hours on the net looking :sob:Cheers