A3/S3 Spec Questions

normski

Reaction score
Am popping back to the dealer on Monday to order an S3, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Does an IPOD connected to the new Symphony/Concert show ID3 tag info on the stereo display?
2. Are the lashing eyes in the boot already there, or are they part of the luggage pack?
3. Is there a net under the rear parcel shelf as standard or part of a package?
4. Do you get a storage compartment under the passenger seat with the storeage pack or only if you spec the first aid kit?
5. If you have the non-smoker option, does the compartment that replaces the ash tray have a lid to match the trim?
6. Does the reversible boot mat unfold to overlap the boot sill for protection?
7. Does the through load system come with the ski bag thingy or is it just a hatch into the boot?
8. Anyone specced privacy glass? Audi CS reckon it is def. an option.
9. Anyone got any comments and how the embossed leather is fairing, assuming you have the standard spec.

Thanks if you can help.:icon_thumright:

PS. Is silver still the fastest colour?:arco:

1. Not 100% sure but I don't think so
2. Yes the eyes and hooks are already there without the luggage pack although the storage pack adds a hook on the underside of the parcel shelf
3. Not as standard, the net is part of the storage pack
4. Yes this comes with the storage pack, the one under the driver's seat is standard
5. No, the compartment is just bigger, taking up the space where the ashtray would be but without the lid
6. No, it unfolds to cover the load area with the rear seats folded but doesn't cover the sill or "lip" of the boot
7. Not 100% but I think it comes with the bag
8. Some people on here have it, it is definitely an option
9. When you say embossed, do you mean the logo on the S-Lines? If so I can't really comment as I've only had mine three months.

HTH :)

PS. No, Phantom Black 4TW :)

Thanks guys...

and I was referring to the embossing all over the centre sections of the seats on the standard leather...

Mate don't get the audi ipod kit, it is pants and costs the earth. It does not show your track selection or name like the ipod.

Your car stereo basically uses the ipod as a 6 disc changer. You set 5 play lists on you pod with tracks from 1 - 99, this is then set as CD 1 for example, the same for CD 2 and so on. this means that for your 5 playlists (CD's) you need to remeber all 99 tunes on each one...... NOT GOOD.

Harmon Kardon do a pukka ipod kit for the audi which Halfords in my area are supplying and fitting at the moment for £99.99!

It comes with a little screen which replicates your ipod screen, a little jog wheel which again replicates that on your ipod and your ipod still plugs in inside your glove box. Real nice piece of kit, check the link.

http://www.e-bowl.co.uk/products/4760.html

Go to halfords and have a look.

Hope this helps mate. :icon_thumright:

PS - I have Phantom black but Sprint Blue all the way and I have no idea about the rest of your questions!

Which head unit have you tried this on though, as there are conflicting reports, the majority of which suggest that it does show it on the new units.

Haven't got an Ipod but am gonna buy one just to test it, otherwise was gonna leave it for a b'day prezzie.

good old Audi. But then again how **** poor is the car industry as a whole on in car technology? The reason I did not go for a 6 CD changer is that it had a tape thing in it, whats all that about?

d3fy said:
good old Audi. But then again how **** poor is the car industry as a whole on in car technology? The reason I did not go for a 6 CD changer is that it had a tape thing in it, whats all that about?
Whilst I accept that car makers in general, and Audi in particular, have been a bit slow to catch onto the whole iPod craze, I think they're doing a pretty decent job nowadays with in car entertainment systems.

1. They've now ditched tape on the latest headunits, as many others are doing.
2. You have the option of a changer in the head unit (Symphony) or a separate unit in the glovebox.
3. When it comes to in-car MP3 playback, the RNS-E system is simply superb and I've yet to see anything better.