A3/S3 Saloon Myth or Not

dolo

Reaction score
Well, I travelled from the North East.to Swindon and back yesterday (570 miles) I saw 3 Ferrari's, numerous Porsches, several Jaguar F types and a McLaren:anbet:
Did I see an A3/S3 saloon, no not one,
So when my car arrives it will be rarer than a McLaren according to my very unscientific survey.

Reactions: Simon L
Work in Swindon and there are loads around. Especially rush hour - lots of A3 saloon owners work at the Nationwide and Intel headquarters so I must see 5 or 6 a day.

S3 saloon much rarer however!

Well, I travelled from the North East.to Swindon and back yesterday (570 miles) I saw 3 Ferrari's, numerous Porsches, several Jaguar F types and a McLaren:anbet:
Did I see an A3/S3 saloon, no not one,
So when my car arrives it will be rarer than a McLaren according to my very unscientific survey.

Seem to be rarer than rocking horse sh*t in West Sussex too!! I haven't seen a single one.

Most of the dealers round me don't have an S3 Saloon either! I had to go to Portsmouth for a test drive. Seen plenty of sportbacks, in fact there's a very nice Mythos Black one at the car park at work but no love for the saloons.

Suits me, it's great to have something semi-unique ;)

I ordered mine in March last year. I saw one, parked in Milton Keynes, during my wait.
I had delivery in October and have probably seen three or four since.
I had to call the AA out a couple of months ago. He was expecting to see an A3, and was surprised. Said - "that's not an A3!!!" He had never seen a saloon.
I am sure there are hundreds about, but definitely not common yet.

In my ownership of a saloon for 16 months I have seen two, in this country drivers prefer hatchbacks as a family car so it is no surprise that the saloon is a rare beast to be seen on the road. Welcome Dolo to the exclusive club...

We British are so damn practical! Those like us with a bit of style are in a minority.

Reactions: cuke2u and blackjack2010