1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3/S3 prefacelift/facelift wing mirrors question.

jojo Jun 23, 2013

1. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

A question of fitting facelift wing mirrors, firstly, are A3 and S3 fitment the same with regards to bolting up to the door frame? I have one facelift baseplate off an A3 here, and it's slightly bigger than the prefacelift S3 items, also, in the facelift A3 looms, there's 5 pins, on my preface lift S3, there's 7 pins.

I'm basically asking, do I need facelift S3 bases to fit facelift wing mirrors or will A3 ones work?

2. mulli01

mulli01 Member

Hi pal a couple of years ago some one tried sealing my wing mirrors off my facelift S3, they we're snapped off at the base left hanging by the electric wires. I replaced the base of the mirror with a facelift A3 mirror and re-fitted the aluminium covers. Not sure about the connectors though as I didn't need to change that.

3. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member VCDS Map User

Il have a look tomorrow mate see if I can find the wiring diagram for pre and facelift I'm sure I can do something to get them working

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Cheers Lee, would be nice to see what the extra two wires are for?

Interesting, so it should fit, it would be stupid of Audi to reengineer a door frame for some wing mirrors! The plate that bolts onto the door is slightly bigger, maybe it's just a modified design?

5. jojo

A3 left / S3 right

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. A3-Lee

A3-Lee Active Member VCDS Map User

Extra two wires could be power fold mate

7. jojo

Strange, as there's no motor for the power fold, don't even think its available as an optional extra?

I might have to get my car out for a test fit instead?

8. jojo

And the answer is no, they won't fit!