A3 / S3 Owners manual the same?

C2 DTN

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
is the Owners Manual the same for both or do they have one each.

I ask because i wouldnt mind a read of it before i get my S3, but only know a couple of people with an A3 so wondered if it was worth asking to borrow it.

Same

After all, the S3 is just an A3 with different engine and suspension. And a go faster body kit.

Reactions: Relliott6879
Hey - it's got different badges too :p

Reactions: veeeight
Don't forget the flux capacitor you get as a part of the tech pack, have to be really careful not to hit 88....

Owners manual covers the A3/S3, A3 SB/S3 SB, A3 SB g-tron/e-tron, A3 Saloon and S3 Saloon.

They are all just the same car at the end of the day with different engines and bits stuck on in places :thumbs up:

Reactions: jetron and Relliott6879
and just remember what options you have, so you know what is relevant, of course we get an Australian extra supplement to tell us, we have special child restraint fittings !

Cheers, i had a feeling it would cover them all.

Don't forget the flux capacitor you get as a part of the tech pack, have to be really careful not to hit 88....

Hahaha gone for the tech pack so im fairly safe

And mine has got mono.pur! Sorry......in a silly mood!!

Is that in the manual, lol

You wish! Unfortunately Audi see no reason to provide this as a download - perhaps they think a competitor might steal it LOL.

It (the full manual) is available online, along with the workshop manuals, technical bulletins etc. All part of the erWin website, which is subscription only, or pay per use.

There is also an abridged manual available on CD, which comes as part of the information pack in your car. You can load this up into the MMI and have an e-manual in your car, or someone could helpfully upload this and host this if they desire ;)

And nobody from the forum has taken the time to scan it?

Scanning a 302 page document to post on line would take quite some time. If you are on good terms with your dealer just ask to borrow one from one of their demonstrators or purchase one as a part - part no: 142.561.8v0.20. In my case I just borrowed one until my car arrived. The MMI Sound System and the Navigation system are covered by addition manuals. I don't have the Audi Navigation system but the MMI manual is 62 pages and is part number: 131.566.3MS.20. Strangely SKODA make all the Owners Manual available for download but not Audi.

You can also purchase a copy of the Elsawin workshop manual which covers all Audi models for around £12-15 on eBay. The latest version is v5.1 so don't be fooled in to buying earlier version for a similar price.