A3 S-Line Tyres

squiretolley

Reaction score
Just wondered what tyres are being fitted to the 18" wheels on the s-line?

Are they Conti? What does everyone make of their performance?

Continental were always my favourite; that is until I fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetrics to my current car; will be very very sad to see these go with my trade in...

And yes every new S Line A3 I've seen has had Continental Sport Contact 5s installed.

Cheers. I've been quite impressed with the Hankooks V12's fitted to my Golf.

The manufacturers usually have two or three tyre suppliers they use, to avoid problems due to shortages from one supplier, and it's a lottery which make you get. My first A3 had Dunlops, the second and third had Bridgestones.

The current one came with Continental SportContact 5s, which I was happy about as they're a highly regarded tyre. I think quite a few people have had Contis on their but I'm not sure if they're all fitted with them or whether there are some other makes out there.

The SB I spotted in Edin Audi which had 18" wheels also had Continental SportContact 5s.

On the subject of tyres I'd a look at my own car and noticed it's been delivered with Pirelli Cinturato P7 ecoimpact tyres on 17" wheels......fairly happy with that based upon tyre reviews online.

My own fault but in an effort to protect my wheel whilst in a bit of a tight parking spot today i managed to slip the wheel down a curb. Luckily the alloy only has the smallest of scuffs on the edge of the rim but the tyre has a shallow cut on the wall of the tyre. Just going to get a new tyre and looking at blackcircles as they seem cheap. Its an 8V S Line so 225/40 R18 Y but on the website the two options for Conti Sport Contact 5's have different ratings for efficiency and grip. Any idea which one the original that currently fitted would be?

IMG 0354

IMG 0355

IMG 0356

Sorry i should of explained. If you had to pick from the two options available in the attached pic from the blackcircles website which do you think would be the closet match to those Conti's I currently have fitted?

Thanks.

I found the same issue when trying to figure out the cost of tyres on mine (just for future reference as I don't need any at the moment... Touch wood!).

The only difference I could see in those tyres is one seemed to have a Mercedes logo in the description. I assumed they were stating they were Mercedes OEM tyres. I don't think there is any physical difference.

Yes thats exactly what it means, think thats the one i will order. Thanks

I asked a similar question on a different thread and was advised the different ratings are possibly due to the compound used. Personally I'd go for the non merc one.

Does your current tyre state 'A0' at all? That's the Audi specific version which not all places sell

Hi yes it does state A0 on it, unsure which one of the that would be.

It's the conti sport 5 Audi version. Some places have it. May be worth called black circles to see if they do. The eu ratings differ again on A0 ones so may be worth changing to that. Just my thoughts but the difference may not be noticeable.

Conti sport 5,s on mine. Awesome tyre and i love the continental logo. Just looks classy !

Thanks for the replies. Blackcircles confirmed as above that its simply an Audi original. Just asked if they had any more info on the AO, if it simply a marking on the bulk tyres sent to Audi or if the AO has a few tweaks. Audi will fit an new AO for about £30 more than the blackcircles generic price. Opinions on what you would go for are welcome?!

Personally as they have a different EU rating, I'd go for A0. May be able to find it cheaper online. I forget where I found it.

Ok decided to buy one online at mytyres.co.uk. Continental Sport Contact 5 225/40 R18Y AO. £122. Thanks for the help.

I think the best tyres I've ever had we're toss up between Bridgestone potenza re050a , or Goodyear eagle f1 assym 2's ........ The new continentals on my a3 seem to induce wheel spin rather too easily in the damp.

Sean

I find the Contis poor on road noise. I'd forgotten how much of a difference tyres make.

I think the best tyres I've ever had we're toss up between Bridgestone potenza re050a , or Goodyear eagle f1 assym 2's ........ The new continentals on my a3 seem to induce wheel spin rather too easily in the damp.

Sean

not sure what tyres my new A3 will have, probably Contis but as soon as they are worn I will be fitting Good Year eagle F1 Assymetrics. Quite simply amazing tyres, had them on my S3.

Mark