A3 S line delivery date¿?

I'm out, build of my car could be delayed for up to four weeks because of the demand for the saloon...

I'm out, build of my car could be delayed for up to four weeks because of the demand for the saloon...

Stick with it, it will be worth waiting for it. :)

My saloon was delayed by about 4 weeks too. Was build week 42 (w/b 14/10) but only left factory in Hungary a week past Monday. The car was started on time but could not be finished off although reason not given why.

I pick it up from the dealer tomorrow at 9.30 after a waiting 5 months.

Don't worry I still going to wait, Audi have promised me a 'nice' car if mine doesn't arrive before xmas. Perhaps I might enjoy the delay with my saloon...

Broadstraik,

Good luck for collection, let me know how nice Aberdeen Audi are to you.

Get mine at 9:30 tomorrow :)

Broadstraik,

Good luck for collection, let me know how nice Aberdeen Audi are to you.

Get mine at 9:30 tomorrow :)

Psyman

Thanks. Not expecting much in the way of freebies.

I asked for a couple of free services after my car was two months later than expected delivery date when I placed the order but got no response to my email.

I was told by the salesman he would give me a good discount on my winter wheel/tyre package because I only got a £1,000 off the car as the saloon had just been released but do not expect he will give me much more than 5% off the £1,000 cost.

Good luck with your collection tomorrow.

Reactions: Psyman79
Cheers buddy :)

I e-mailed Graeme about rubber mats, boot liner and MMI cables hoping that he might chuck them in for free. He replied with prices :( he did say he'd give me all the cables though, except iPhone 5, not fussed about that though as i'm not a user of any Apple products.

Last edited:
Cheers buddy :)

I e-mailed Graeme about rubber mats, boot liner and MMI cables hoping that he might chuck them in for free. He replied with prices :( he did say he'd give me all the cables though, except iPhone 5, not fussed about that though as i'm not a user of any Apple products.

Picked up my car this morning and everything went okay. I was given £100 or 10% off the winter wheels. I asked for a full set of rubber mats, two litres of oil and a paint touch up stick and was not charged for these but they would not have added up to more than £50. Only got one cable for iPhone, salesmen said the iPhone 5 cable was not available yet but do not think that is correct and he probably just did not want to give me both cables. He did give me a USB to SD card cable too.

Only slight glitch was I thought they had forgot to fit the Audi Sound System as the sub-woofer was described in A3 Saloon brochure as being in spare wheel well on top of space saver wheel. It was not there but is now being located under rear parcel shelf. The settings for the sub woofer in the MMI were turned down so it was not obvious that it had been fitted.

Psyman, if your A3 is a 3 door hatch, I saw it in the showroom.

Cuke2u, will try and get some photos uploaded tomorrow.

Reactions: cuke2u and Psyman79
Picked up my car this morning and everything went okay. I was given £100 or 10% off the winter wheels. I asked for a full set of rubber mats, two litres of oil and a paint touch up stick and was not charged for these but they would not have added up to more than £50. Only got one cable for iPhone, salesmen said the iPhone 5 cable was not available yet but do not think that is correct and he probably just did not want to give me both cables. He did give me a USB to SD card cable too.

Only slight glitch was I thought they had forgot to fit the Audi Sound System as the sub-woofer was described in A3 Saloon brochure as being in spare wheel well on top of space saver wheel. It was not there but is now being located under rear parcel shelf. The settings for the sub woofer in the MMI were turned down so it was not obvious that it had been fitted.

Cuke2u, will try and get some photos uploaded tomorrow.

Interesting about the subwoofer. Does it get in the way there? Surely it's not actually attached to the parcel shelf. A photo would be interesting! I wonder if this is now the case with the B&O too?

It is indeed :)

At least she'll be nice and warm overnight :)

Never thought about a paint touch up, will need to remember to ask for one. So long as they dont just give me a bottle of Tipp-Ex.

Interesting about the subwoofer. Does it get in the way there? Surely it's not actually attached to the parcel shelf. A photo would be interesting! I wonder if this is now the case with the B&O too?

The subwoofer will not get in the way, it takes up very little space, it is only about a depth of about 1.5 inches intruding into the boot space. Fitting here is obviously not an option in the hatch or Sportback and I expect the sub-woofer on the B&O system is a lot bigger and would not be able to fit here in the saloon either meaning it would go on top of space saver wheel as in the hatch and Sportback.

Remember that the saloon has a fixed parcel shelf, unlike the SB which is removable. makes sense to me as it will have a metal base...

The subwoofer will not get in the way, it takes up very little space, it is only about a depth of about 1.5 inches intruding into the boot space. Fitting here is obviously not an option in the hatch or Sportback and I expect the sub-woofer on the B&O system is a lot bigger and would not be able to fit here in the saloon either meaning it would go on top of space saver wheel as in the hatch and Sportback.

Mea culpa, I forgot you have a saloon...

Plenty of pictures of your saloon please Broadstraik...

Here are a few pics.

Just waiting for the comments from some saying the my winter wheels look crap but in the the North East of Scotland it is practicality over style for 4 months of the year. We had 1-2 inches of snow last Tuesday although it was gone by lunchtime.

Looking forward to switching to the standard alloys at the end of March.

IMG 0337IMG 0339IMG 0336IMG 0341

Reactions: Psyman79 and cuke2u
A few pics of mine before she gets dirty :)

For those who are interested, she's on S-Line suspension so you get an idea of ride height. More comfortable than a 2010 Leon Cupra :)

Si.

Reactions: grantDUBshaw
Looks good, but by the look of your neighbours cars white seems to be common as muck up north :whistle2:

Reactions: Fragup and Psyman79
Build week changed from week seven to week five. Hopeful of an early March delivery!

A few pics of mine before she gets dirty :)

For those who are interested, she's on S-Line suspension so you get an idea of ride height. More comfortable than a 2010 Leon Cupra :)

Si.

So car is built but still in Germany, can anyone tell me how long they had to wait from knowing it was built until pick up?

I've just spoken to Newbury Audi. They have confirmed ours is in for Build Week 50, week commencing 9th December. They then said usually 3/4 weeks after that for delivery but with Christmas falling in that gap it's more likely to be mid January for delivery. Decent, friendly service from the lady on the phone there too.

Could be wrong but dont they guesstimate 4 - 6 weeks.

Range of 3 -5 weeks is more typical and an average closer to 4 weeks.........1 week for the build,1-2 weeks to ship in to the UK, 1 - 2 weeks to get to thedealer for PDI before collection.....obviously lots of ifs and butts and assumptions in this though

Range of 3 -5 weeks is more typical and an average closer to 4 weeks.........1 week for the build,1-2 weeks to ship in to the UK, 1 - 2 weeks to get to thedealer for PDI before collection.....obviously lots of ifs and butts and assumptions in this though

They have told me 3 weeks with a 50/50 chance of having it before Christmas, all depends if someone would be willing to drive it all the way to Oban for delivery just before Christmas as delivery is included in price!

Collected our car today - superb. Some pictures soon but it's p1ssing down and dark just now.

A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 140 S Line Pearl Daytona Grey
Acoustic Parking
Comfort Pack
Cruise Control
Light and rain sensor pack with automatic dimming rear view mirror
Privacy Glass
Supagard

Reactions: Psyman79
Collected our car today - superb. Some pictures soon but it's p1ssing down and dark just now.

A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 140 S Line Pearl Daytona Grey
Acoustic Parking
Comfort Pack
Cruise Control
Light and rain sensor pack with automatic dimming rear view mirror
Privacy Glass
Supagard

How is it? How was collection?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes from car being built to it getting to the Port of Emden?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes from car being built to it getting to the Port of Emden?

Mine took a week to get from factory to Emden, then it missed the boat so was another week before it was shipped to Tyne. 4 days to get to Aberdeen and then picked it up after 3.

Mine was around 3-5 days as it shipped the Tuesday after but never started getting built till the Wednesday