1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 rns-e faceplate change to an a4 rns-e

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by gruf, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gruf

gruf Member

[Jan 29, 2013]
    for the life of me i cant find a decent thread that has photos and instructions to change the a3 193 faceplate to an a4 193
    can someone send me a link. pretty please
  2. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

[Jan 30, 2013]
    "JasonS" & Wrath" have done this, think the faceplates are very similar (if not the same) in the B6 as in the B7, could drop either of them a PM and they might be able to offer some guidance.

Think the faceplates are just held on by small screws, just have to be careful and use the correct size driver and not round them off. Finding faceplates to buy can be tricky though... not sure if you can even buy them on their own direct from Audi?

Also a RNS-E unit from a Seat Exeo HU should fit without the need for a faceplate swap.
  3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Jan 30, 2013]
    I followed this guide: Changing an Audi NAV System Face Plate For A Gallardo

The Audi is marginally different. The key point to note is Figure 21. If you ruin these screws you are b*ggered. I pressed down on the screwdriver and used some pliers to turn the driver. Just take your time, takes about an hour to do.
  4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Jan 30, 2013]
    The faceplates are identical in the B6 and B7.

Provided you don't mind the Seat logo/name on it.