1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 replacement alloy wheels

magura2002 Feb 10, 2014

1. magura2002

magura2002 New Member

Hi all

i need your help

i hit a pot hole last week and after having the tyre replace found I had slightly flat spotted/buckled my Alloy wheel

its on the side edge of the rim it's not serious and still drive able but I want to replace it before it damages the bearings

can anyone suggest the best place to get a replacement alloy wheel from or if I can get it repaired??

its a 17 inch multi spoke/15 spoke rim on a 13 plate a3 sportback

all replies are very much appreciated

i will of course try to claim the money back from the highways agency

2. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member Team Mythos Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group TDi

That's annoying!

Best bet is to ring some dealers and get some prices. Someone found a price of a 17" wheel recently on here and it was about £350 IIRC.

3. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

I suspect it's your local council you need to claim from unless you were on a Motorway... You may succeed but you will need to persevere and gather evidence that they failed to maintain it.

4. magura2002

magura2002 New Member

Yes very annoying as I hit two one after the other both similar in size

I've had a quote from Audi £360 brand new it's a joke

The council where I live know about and when I drove past they had covered them in but I have a claim form coming

So annoying I thought I'd only burst the tyre but when they put it on balance machine I saw he flat spot in wheel straight away it's not too noticeable but I must get it replaced soon as it's a lease car

5. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Active Member

My dad buckled my S3 alloy and bust my front passenger side wheel bearing :(.

an S3 alloy is 600 Eurs to replace, be happy :/.

6. snakehips

snakehips Well-Known Member

That really sucks and I'm afraid that it is inevitable that this will happen to me at some point as the roads round here are appalling and I regularly hit potholes (thank goodness for SE suspension!). So I will be following your progress intently.

Anyone know why the roads have all fallen apart yet again this winter even though it's been so mild, and therefore no freeze/thaw going on?

7. JohnM100

JohnM100 #teamSepang VCDS Map User Gold Supporter

Freeze/thaw is the real killer but suspect 2 reasons:

1. Continued lack of maintenance
    2. So much rain that water has got into the foundation sub-base layer; either through cracks from above or from groundwater coming up from underneath as the water table is so high.

8. dieselguy

dieselguy Active Member

Me too, I'll be following your progress also. Hope you can get the council to payout on at least part of the cost. Although I suspect they'll make it as difficult as possible to claim anything.
    Roads around where i live are so terrible that when trying to avoid one pothole i hit another nearby…. all these taxes and the roads are still ****.