1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 replacement alloy wheels

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by magura2002, Feb 10, 2014.

1. magura2002

magura2002 New Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    Hi all

i need your help

i hit a pot hole last week and after having the tyre replace found I had slightly flat spotted/buckled my Alloy wheel

its on the side edge of the rim it's not serious and still drive able but I want to replace it before it damages the bearings

can anyone suggest the best place to get a replacement alloy wheel from or if I can get it repaired??

its a 17 inch multi spoke/15 spoke rim on a 13 plate a3 sportback

all replies are very much appreciated

i will of course try to claim the money back from the highways agency
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    That's annoying!

Best bet is to ring some dealers and get some prices. Someone found a price of a 17" wheel recently on here and it was about £350 IIRC.
  4. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    I suspect it's your local council you need to claim from unless you were on a Motorway... You may succeed but you will need to persevere and gather evidence that they failed to maintain it.
  5. magura2002

magura2002 New Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    Yes very annoying as I hit two one after the other both similar in size

I've had a quote from Audi £360 brand new it's a joke

The council where I live know about and when I drove past they had covered them in but I have a claim form coming

So annoying I thought I'd only burst the tyre but when they put it on balance machine I saw he flat spot in wheel straight away it's not too noticeable but I must get it replaced soon as it's a lease car
  6. Battlekrapz

Battlekrapz Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    My dad buckled my S3 alloy and bust my front passenger side wheel bearing :(.

an S3 alloy is 600 Eurs to replace, be happy :/.
  7. snakehips

snakehips Active Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    That really sucks and I'm afraid that it is inevitable that this will happen to me at some point as the roads round here are appalling and I regularly hit potholes (thank goodness for SE suspension!). So I will be following your progress intently.

Anyone know why the roads have all fallen apart yet again this winter even though it's been so mild, and therefore no freeze/thaw going on?
  8. JohnnyM100

JohnnyM100 Active Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    Freeze/thaw is the real killer but suspect 2 reasons:

1. Continued lack of maintenance
    2. So much rain that water has got into the foundation sub-base layer; either through cracks from above or from groundwater coming up from underneath as the water table is so high.
  9. dieselguy

dieselguy Member

[Feb 10, 2014]
    Me too, I'll be following your progress also. Hope you can get the council to payout on at least part of the cost. Although I suspect they'll make it as difficult as possible to claim anything.
    Roads around where i live are so terrible that when trying to avoid one pothole i hit another nearby…. all these taxes and the roads are still ****.