1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Quattro vs Saxo VTR?

Alonzo Aug 9, 2004

1. peteA3tdi

peteA3tdi Member

diesel's may have slow 0 to 60 times but it the midd range you need to look out for

give him a race on a track for log book's as paxo's make good shopping trolleys

2. neiloneilo

neiloneilo Member

Well done stugolf, I dislike astra's almost as much as saxo's!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

3. stugolf

stugolf Member

Yep me to had to say positive things to the bloke because he was praising the S3 so I tried "well yours is eeerrrrr.... a nice colour.... aaannnndddd ISN'T THE WEATHER NICE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. S3tony

S3tony Member

[ QUOTE ]
    stugolf said:
    Yep me to had to say positive things to the bloke because he was praising the S3 so I tried "well yours is eeerrrrr.... a nice colour.... aaannnndddd ISN'T THE WEATHER NICE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

cheers tony

5. mramage

mramage Member

[ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mark R said:

It seems my post might not have been clear. I'm not wary of Saxo VTRs, I'm wary of fast diesels. Just to be clear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why r u wary of diesels? If i'm right in saying, according to Parkers the 0-60 time of an S3 is around 6.5s, and if u have done a few mods to it (chipping, upgraded turbo etc), could well be approaching 6's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just off the mark at the lights, they are quick, obviously quicker when modified. There's instant torque which the S3 lacks a little(unless chipped). It can be hard finding a happy medium in the S3 when taking off. Be kind to the clutch and drive it off then you get an initial lag. You can just about get a happy compromise, but it's hard on the clutch if you really want that full tilt run off the line.
    Of course, with room to play it's a different story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif