A3 Quattro vs Saxo VTR?

diesel's may have slow 0 to 60 times but it the midd range you need to look out for

give him a race on a track for log book's as paxo's make good shopping trolleys

Yep me to had to say positive things to the bloke because he was praising the S3 so I tried "well yours is eeerrrrr.... a nice colour.... aaannnndddd ISN'T THE WEATHER NICE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
stugolf said:
Yep me to had to say positive things to the bloke because he was praising the S3 so I tried "well yours is eeerrrrr.... a nice colour.... aaannnndddd ISN'T THE WEATHER NICE" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

cheers tony

[ QUOTE ]
pimpmyaudi said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:

It seems my post might not have been clear. I'm not wary of Saxo VTRs, I'm wary of fast diesels. Just to be clear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why r u wary of diesels? If i'm right in saying, according to Parkers the 0-60 time of an S3 is around 6.5s, and if u have done a few mods to it (chipping, upgraded turbo etc), could well be approaching 6's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just off the mark at the lights, they are quick, obviously quicker when modified. There's instant torque which the S3 lacks a little(unless chipped). It can be hard finding a happy medium in the S3 when taking off. Be kind to the clutch and drive it off then you get an initial lag. You can just about get a happy compromise, but it's hard on the clutch if you really want that full tilt run off the line.
Of course, with room to play it's a different story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif