A3 Quattro Rear Diff/Haldex Coupling Oil Change

I

imported_rob911

Has anyone ever changed the oil in their A3 Quattro Rear diff/heldex coupling?
If so - do the 2 share the same oil or do they have seperate supplies?
I have the heldex filter and the tubes of oil and need to press on.
There apprears to be more than one drain and filling plug!
Cheers
Rob Justice

Andy - are you correct with the drain and filling being the same plug? I thought you filled it through the level check plug.

The pic was emailed to me from Hans Berg from Haldex traction so I would assume it to be correct Rob

I will need to look further into this Andy - the drain and filling plug is the lowest part of the diff so I cannot see how you would manage to fill it using this plug.
Did you manage to remove the Haldex filter - It looks very difficult with the diff sitting inside its cradle.
Bloke at VW garage told me you have to break the old filter to get it past mount - new filter is a 2 piece job to allow you to fit it.

Here's another pic of the oil being refilled from the Audi service manual. I haven't changed the filter but according to the same manual you need an Audi tool which looks like a spanner bent at 90deg

Take my hat off to you Andy - I suppose the special oil used must be very thick when cold - almost like a grease allowing you to refill it through the drain plug and it not draining away.
Also I take it the diff and coupling use the same oil?

Andy - the document detailing the oil changed - is that from the workshop manual?
Where did you manage to get a copy? I have tried dealers but so far had no luck. I have been informed you can get copies on e-bay etc.