A3 Quattro build thread

a mate of mine has a gsxr1000, guna see how a3 and his bike get along. will get video posted up asap

few engine bay snaps from tonight
100_0437.jpg

100_0438.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0440.jpg

Wow, Bill has been a busy little badger!! :)

How do you like the brushed look of the pipes Mat?

Has he started it up yet?

<tuffty/>

it fired up first time, no leaks. dont sound any different to when i dropped it off lol!

Nice one mate... that is so gonna **** off scoobies :)

What was that clutch you bought and where did you get it from mate?

<tuffty/>

Engine bay looks awesome! cant wait to see the figures..

Thats going to be a right animal!
Get it mapped asap!

What figures did you say you were aiming to achieve?

Jason

tuffty, its a jabbasport uprated sachs clutch with billet flywheel. see how good it is if it needs to go on.

power should be 380ish bhp, maybe 400, 330ft/lbs torque. going to get it rolling roaded asap

its finished! all but a few little tweeks sometime.
feels great to drive. lots of water on roads, and no hint of wheelspin. just goes forwards......quickly.
no idea of figures yet, though its gota be getting on 370+bhp i would have thought.
not a million miles laggier than my old ihi. 3600rpm and your off, 4krpm, everything is a blur. its savage!

Good stuff mate, I know Bill was flat out sorting it all for you... You will have to take me for a spin :)

<tuffty/>

When you getting on the dyno Mat? Hows the clutch? I reckon you might as well bung the uprated one on anyway... you have gone this far :)

<tuffty/>

bills going to try and up boost a bit more at top end, so will dyno when thats done.

clutch is fine. no hard standing starts, just get the thing rolling then let rip. seems to be doing fine. keep it on til it slips

lots of water on roads down here, but you would'nt know it, not a single hint of wheels spining, on half worn tyres too!
it just goes in a straight line, with no fuss.

makes a hell of a roar tho!! drove past brother earlier, he says it sounds awesome

top work from bill

...i'd try get some videos up, but weathers real nasty now. see if it cleard up later. cameramans hungover too lol

I think we should have fitted an outboard to the A3 give the storms plowing thru here today... I need a canoe here its sopping wet, gutters overflowing..

enjoy it matt.
see you soon to adjust that actuator and add the final fruty map to it which I have here ready.

cheers m8

I really must get aroun to popping over to speak to you Bill. !! You the man !

Matt, get those vids up !!!!!:sign_pics:

Im pretty new on this forum but this looks amazing ! i want it !! :D how much to do mine ??

I think i will just have to make do with the K04 for now but i would love to do this in the future, we spoke to Bill about doing the Re-Map on mine but sadly it was a little too much money as I was skint at the time but now i wish i waited cause im not 100% happy with my current map :(

That sounds amazing! pix, specs.. final write up lets hear the conclusion man!

AWESOME AWSOME!!!

Has Bill given an indication to what power he thinks the car is making?

mapping not totally finished yet. more mid range boost to come. so will dyno when finished. gota be over 350bhp for sure. my moneys going on 380ish

once its dynoed, i will do a full write up of how the car is.

vids dont do the sound justice. it can be heard half a mile from my home lol!

brilliant love the sound of it. I hate cars that sound like race cars but dont go like race cars, but i love cars that go like race cars and sound like this its awsome im jelous of your power and sound

I want a GT28 or GT30 but its too much time and money for me. Love what youve done! Want to see the dyno print-out's :)

i considered gt30. well glad i didnt go for it. 2871 is plenty for the road. its a real nice drive. the noise is awesome, see what other vids i can get over weekend.....busy week this week

yea no point in having the power if you cant put it down properly i guess....Did you touch the internals?

matt has a fully built motor. std bore, forged pistons, rods, supertech valves & springs, ported head, 007 intake manifold with R32 throttle body. Its a 500bhp build ready engine, so gt2871R should'nt worry it.
It easily copes with the power in handling terms, and braking.

Nice sorted car. It rewards you when you enjoy its performance.

Keep it on the black stuff matt.

Bill did you use drop in pistons then?

matt has a fully built motor. std bore, forged pistons, rods, supertech valves & springs, ported head, 007 intake manifold with R32 throttle body. Its a 500bhp build ready engine, so gt2871R should'nt worry it.
It easily copes with the power in handling terms, and braking.

Nice sorted car. It rewards you when you enjoy its performance.

Keep it on the black stuff matt.

A proper job then :)

a proper job yea. not a cheap one either, but its going to stand up to the power its running at. its standard looking too, so it dosent stand out. drives fine round town, and power there when needed. a nice sorted BT a3

Nice to hear that its all good, Gotta love 'Sleeper' cars! My friend has a Cavilier, Its got all the standard bodywork and wheel trimms :photo: But theres a very big intercooler behind the bumper which gives it away a bit but its close to 360-370BHP and it looks like a clapped out rust bucket lol. Whiped the smile off a new M3 driver :lmfao: :lmfao: