1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Quattro 2.0tdi Dpf delete

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by 0120raptor, Nov 26, 2013.

1. 0120raptor

0120raptor Member

[Nov 26, 2013]
    Hi guys and gals.New to the forum.Having my A3 Quattro egr delete,dpf gutted and remap.The garage has now been on it for 2 full days.Anyone know how long this should take.I`ve asked him for a price 3 times but he keeps saying it depends on how long it takes him ,but 2 days so far!!!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. JimmyH

JimmyH Member

[Nov 26, 2013]
    To be fair, the EGR delete and DPF removal shouldn't take much longer than 4-5 hours labour.
  4. myke

myke Member

[Dec 1, 2013]
    I had mine done, it only took 3 hours, one guy took the DPF off, cut it open, emptied the crud out and welded it back up, he also put a blank plate on the EGR valve while someone else plugged a laptop in and sent the ecu contents off to be modified and tuned. Very happy with the service , no more smoke than before and no faults ! Loads more power and it does an extra 10mpg on the motorway now, had it done over a year ago and not had a problem since. :O)
  5. 0120raptor

0120raptor Member

[Dec 1, 2013]
    Myke Very pleased with the extra power and the mpg.Does yours make a really noticeable Whoosing noise on boost? It sounds like an air leak but can`t be boost pressure as it goes like a rocket so much so with the new map that the clutch won`t take it and is now slipping!