A3 polished S4 mirror project

001__scaled_600_049.jpg

TBH I have never really been a fan of chrome mirrors, or any chrome on a car for that matter - it should be left to the likes of Jaguar, Rover etc (and has it's place on 60's/70's cars).....

But I quite like that, looks nice, almost like a compliment to the grille surround....

Just noticed the colour of this sportback as Murano Green Pearl Effect.

Is this a new colour?

008__scaled_600.jpg

I saw two 3.2 A3's at the 'ring with polished mirrors - I wondered where they got mirror housings to fit - good research someone.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
S4%20mirror%20A3.jpg

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's decided then, chrome mirrors it is for my new A3!

btw, that doesn't look like the ABT front grille? what is it? and not sure which front spoiler either?

Also looks like the 20 spoke 18" that I was going to get, they look good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Looking at it again, I'm not too sure if the mirrors in my picture are the S4 ones, they look more shiney, whereas in the first picture by TDI they look to be more of a matt finish.

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark, here is the ABT front.

003__scaled_600.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, definitley not the same one as in the above pic

I've got the brushed alloy mirrors on my s-line and I'm still not sure if I like them or not. Sometimes I think yep they look good other times I think they look a bit chav. The polished ones look awful if you ask me. Definately no in keeping with the look of the car.

But everyone is different.

J.

[ QUOTE ]

I've got the brushed alloy mirrors on my s-line and I'm still not sure if I like them or not. Sometimes I think yep they look good other times I think they look a bit chav. The polished ones look awful if you ask me. Definately no in keeping with the look of the car.

But everyone is different.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets have some pics then.... brushed alloy is much more refined than chrome anyway... IMO its what the grille surround should have been..

I did post these a little while ago but I think the thread disappeared during the server problems they had. Anyway here you go my audi with the brushed ally covers on. Like I said still not sure if there cool or not some days I think yes others I think no...

mirrors1.jpg

mirrors2.jpg

mirrors3.jpg

mirrors4.jpg

I think I prefer the chrome, it matches the grille

yeah, if I was going to do it I'd go for the polished one, but I don't think I'll bother. Whilst it looks quite good on black, I think it might look a bit pony on Misano red.

Does anyone know if chrome door handles are available yet for the 8P? Think it'd go nice with the whole chrome theme