1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 parking sensors - should it still work with a disconnected sensor?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by o_rawlinson, Feb 8, 2007.

1. o_rawlinson

o_rawlinson New Member

[Feb 8, 2007]
    Heres a quick question

My car was in the local Audi garage yesterday for errors on the parking sensors - this was diagnosed as a failed rear left sensor which was then disconnected whilst waiting for a replacement. The system then appeared to work fine yesterday afternoon with the remaining 3 sensors.

However this morning it is back to a single long continuous tone when I engage reverse - is this correct or has another sensor failed? The Audi garage seem confused!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. HeliChris

HeliChris Learning to fly 3D

[Feb 8, 2007]
    Did the sensor have a snow covering ??? :)

The truth is until some checks with VAGCOM no one will know. So until the parts come in it looks like you will have to stop reversing by ear :)

Chris..

PS I love my park sensors too.
  4. o_rawlinson

o_rawlinson New Member

[Feb 8, 2007]
    I live in Manchester - its not snowing here, the car wasn't even covered in frost!
  5. stan

stan Member

[Feb 8, 2007]
    Mine too, for the last few weeks randomly when put in R get a continuous reversing tone not the single beep, must get to the dealers.
  6. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

[Feb 8, 2007]
    I thought my parking sensors were acting up this morning - a constant beep when I knew I was nowhere near the wall. Turned out to be pigeons too thick to fly away...