Facelift A3 Non-LED Rear Lights

The Kendragon

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've got an A3 sport on order and was wondering if anyone could share a picture of the rear lights? They're not LEDs or dynamic ones as I haven't specced them but I would like to know what they look like. My car is the spec above SE so nothing fancy :grin:

Thank you :)

Heres mine from my sport trim sportback - I guess they are the same as the 3 dr?

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 245
Heres mine from my sport trim sportback - I guess they are the same as the 3 dr?

3 door is slightly different, it is a slimmer, flatter design (on the 3 door).

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Thank you! I was trying to find good pictures on Google but the real pictures were all LED/dynamic ones and Audi's brochure uses animated cars :grimacing: Have you got a picture with the lights on?

3 door is slightly different, it is a slimmer, flatter design (on the 3 door).
That's good to know, thank you :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hang on. That supposed PFL image doesnt look like my PFL! Sorry doesnt help you as you will have the facelift but just wanted to know why they are different, unless its a sportsback vs hatch thing.

EDIT: think i found it. On PFL & FL it seems the 3 door has lights on the boot lid that bend out away from the number plate & Sportback has lights that bend in towards it? Sportback rear light seem alot nicer design IMO too.

IMG 4044

Last edited:
Hang on. That supposed PFL image doesnt look like my PFL! Sorry doesnt help you as you will have the facelift but just wanted to know why they are different, unless its a sportsback vs hatch thing.

EDIT: think i found it. On PFL & FL it seems the 3 door has lights on the boot lid that bend out away from the number plate & Sportback has lights that bend in towards it? Sportback rear light seem alot nicer design IMO too.

View attachment 118373
It's so confusing because the lights seem to be the thing that changes with each revamp :/ I was partly attracted to the A3 due to the light design so that's why I'm so interested

No, that's a sportback, not a 3dr.

EDIT: Here, an illuminated 3dr facelift with standard halogen rear lights:

standard-rear-lights-lit.jpg

Reactions: The Kendragon