A3 Newbie with a quick question...

I

imported_timcoupe

Hi all,

I've just ordered an A3 2.0TDi SE DSG and as such I've been reviewing the posts on this board. It appears that there are a few 'features' on the car that I wan't aware of, namely, the wipers stopping when the car does and also the 'quick launch' on the DSG.. I was just wondering if there are any other features that perhaps I won't be aware of as I do not own a user manual yet ( end of november when the car arrives ), only the Audi brochure.

Also, as this is my first Audi, ( previously Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo ), are there any major niggles with the new A3?

Thanks in Advance.

The good news is that the majority of niggles will have been sorted by the time you get your car. The 'quick launch' as you call it doesn't apply to the diesel engine only the 3.2 and the 2.0T have that toy to play with.

The only thing I have noticed with driving my 2.0TDI DSG is that when you first put your foot down on the accelerator, there is a little delay before the 'whoosh' of power kicks in. You just have to get used to it!
I was sceptical about the DSG, but now totally over the moon with the gearbox, and would not buy another manual car - they are nothing but hard work! Never too sure what I should do at traffic lights etc, but I usually just stay in drive with foot on brake - I should most probably put it into Neutral!
I too haven't heard of the Automatic Door Locking feature. I think it is a good idea and might get it put onto mine.
I have taken mine back to Audi for rattling door/windows, and this seems to have been fixed. Also after reading the forums, someone else has had a problem with their fog lights condensating, of which I noticed on mine in the summer, so will take it back for that to be fixed.
I also had reverse sensor parking as an extra, which is brilliant for women drivers!!, the only drawback is that I was pricing up a towbar, and it was going to cost a total of £600, due to having to buy a detatchable towbar, and a new skirt for the back bumper (plus paint).

2.0 TDI Sport DSG

Guys

What is this 'quick lauch' that your talking about with the 3.2 dsg. I'm assuming its a good thing as i've just ordered one.

The 'quick launch' is a type of launch control feature of the DSG gearbox. It is a bit of a boy racer feature to allow a quick getaway at traffic lights.

I like the sound of that, but any idea where i can find out more details about this and any other features of the DSG gearbox.

I know i have already ordered it, but this will keep me going until it arrives.

[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
found this on another site:
"
Note: This doesn't work with the TDI version of the DSG.

To use the launch control select Sport Mode, put you left foot on the brake, dial in some decent revs with your right foot, let go of the brake and let the fun commence.
"
Don't know if it works though

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it when I test drove one a good few months ago.

If I remember correctly, the salesman turned off the ESP before talking me through what Steph has said.
When I tried it, it was on the M25/A1 junction roundabout, and I had one set of traffic lights to get across 4 lanes of traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The slight delay after taking my foot off the brake didn't help!

Much fun and high revving V6 engine noise ensued /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dazzler said:
[ QUOTE ]
StephV6 said:
found this on another site:
"
Note: This doesn't work with the TDI version of the DSG.

To use the launch control select Sport Mode, put you left foot on the brake, dial in some decent revs with your right foot, let go of the brake and let the fun commence.
"
Don't know if it works though

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried it when I test drove one a good few months ago.

If I remember correctly, the salesman turned off the ESP before talking me through what Steph has said.
When I tried it, it was on the M25/A1 junction roundabout, and I had one set of traffic lights to get across 4 lanes of traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The slight delay after taking my foot off the brake didn't help!

Much fun and high revving V6 engine noise ensued /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How come you did not buy it after this!
Which round about was it as I leave near Watford I may know it?