1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a3 modifying help

bigmarlow Jun 26, 2013

1. bigmarlow

bigmarlow New Member

i was thinking of sticking a ko3s hybrid on my a3 with front mounted inter cooler and was also looking at getting engine forged with stage 1 remap as id ideally like to be pushing 280bhp any advise anyone could provide would be appreciated

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome to the site.

Which year is your A3?

3. bigmarlow

bigmarlow New Member

its 1997

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Your car is an 8l chassis so i have moved your post to the correct section where you will get more advise. Welcome to audi-sport.net, i hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Thanks Sandra, had an inkling it was an 8L :)

Sandra likes this.
  6. bigmarlow

bigmarlow New Member

ah sorry my bad thank you for moving the post to correct section

Sandra likes this.
  7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

You will need a hybrid if chasing after 280hp, K03s is only a little turbo... there is a load of info in the FAQ section of the stickies, links to threads and a thread that will definitely interest you... as for a 'forged' engine, these engines already have forged pistons and cranks... you would be advised to look at getting the rods changed... again the thread "Must do modifications for K03/K03s AGU and AUM engines FWD cars" in the stickies will help you...

Have read up on stuff and then ask any questions you may have

<tuffty/>

Sandra likes this.