1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 MMI System

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by h5djr, Mar 26, 2013.

1. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

As Audi do not make the Owners Manual available online, would it be possible for someone who already owns a new A3 to scan the section of the manual that deals with the MMI and make it available. Thanks a lot.
  2. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Active Member

Could do, although on Tech Pack equipped cars (not sure about those without), it's actually a separate manual, as it was with the RNS-E in the 8P.
  3. viperfire

viperfire Member

Why surely you should want golf details not the new a3?
  4. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

I have already got access to the Owners Manual for the Golf but not to the one for the A3. I do still like the idea of my ninth A3 but I need to be convinced that I could cope with the MMI system. Knowing how the system worked in deatil could be very informative. I still basically prefer the idea of a touch screen but......
  5. hittchy

hittchy Member

Those without tech pack also have a separate manual.

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, why not just borrow one from their demonstrator?
  6. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Active Member

I did look at scanning this in, but there are a lot of pages and it would take a long time.
  7. h5djr

h5djr Active Member

Yes I'll give my contact another ring. Last time I rang they did not have a new A3 available.

What I would like to drive is a 2.0TDI Sportback with an s-tronic . I've had a short drive Golf VII with the same spec and it would be interesting to compare both against my existing A3. I did receive an invitation to a Sportback launch event, but when I phoned they did not have any s-tronic's to try.
  8. hittchy

hittchy Member

For some strange reason, S-tronics appear to be thin on the ground in Audi dealerships. You'd think at least one fairly local dealer would have ordered one in as a demo. There are some differences in software between Golf and A3 for both engine and gearbox ECU so it's worth you driving both.
  9. deci

deci Member

I haven't had to look at the manual once. Its all very straightforward and intuitive.