1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Manual in PDF format?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Ben (T25) Ruz, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Ben (T25) Ruz

Ben (T25) Ruz Audi Virgin

Was hoping to read the owners manual before my A3 sportback actually arrives...can't find one online anywhere. Anyone else managed to find one? (not interested in the workshop manual).

Ben
  2. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Audi do not make the Owners Manual available online, which is a great pity. I normally download the manual for most things I buy before I place an order. You can learn so much about the product. But for probably the most expensive item, apart from a house, that most people will buy, the manuals are not made available.

VW are the same, but Skoda make the Owners Manuals for all their models available on their website. It's about time Audi and VW did the same.
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

On a different forum a very kind member has just scanned most of the Owners Manual for the new Golf VII and put a copy in to Dropbox for anyone to download. Perhaps a member who has already got their new A3 would like to do the same.

I must say that, having been reading the manual, the Adaptive Cruise Control used on both the A3 and the Golf, especially when used in conjuction with the s-tronic gearbox, looks interesting. In traffic situations the car can almost drive itself!!
  4. Kristian83

Kristian83 New Member

Care to share the link ? Thank you.
  5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

6. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

It is annoying, especially as they've gone to the trouble of providing an "online" version of the manual for the MMI system, so you have it on there all the time rather than carrying the book around.
  7. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Active Member

Is there a link to the original site, wouldn't mind a look around to see what else there is?
  8. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

If you mean the original site for the Owners Manual, the isn't one. What is available is a copy of the Manual that someone made by scan an original booklet using a smartphone. Neither Audi nor VW make them available unlike Skoda who have them available to download for all their models on their own website. When the new Octavia becomes available it may be worth looking at the Skoda UK website (https://mediaportal.skoda-auto.com/resource/default.aspx) as a lot of the technology used is the same as used on the new A3 and the new Golf.

If you are referring to the MMI manual I'm sure someone with a new A3 will post the link.
  9. Vorshprungdork

No I thought you meant there was a site where members had scanned and posted loads of car manuals and that was just a link to one. I wondered if there was a general link to the site which would maybe allow you to access others.
  10. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Not that I'm aware of. If anyone finds one let us all know.
  11. Vorshprungdork

OK, worth a shot.
  12. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member