A3 iPod Install Help

MorkC68

Stationary
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone can offer some advice. Last weekend my father picked up an 07 plate A3 2.0TDi (not sure if its an S or Se, definately not S Lione though). He paid extra to have an Audi iPod Adaptor fitted to the cars Chorus(?) Stereo.
This afternoon I plugged my iPod in - a couple of things, the adaptor fitted had a single pn jack plug whereas my Symhony comes with a little white plug about 25mm long, 5mm wide - it did fit the iPod okay but the Chorus didnt recognise the iPod or talk to it.
Would it be due to the Chorus not having the VAG - com (?) plugged in to tell the stereo it had an adaptor connected (as per my install instructions) or could it be another issue.
Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you have the latest "Aux in" feature which is just a headphone jack. Your headunit will only be able to control the ipod if it is plugged into the dock (25 x 5 mm connector) with the appropriate interface. Is this a brand new car? if so the aux in feature is standard, if you paid £175 for the ipod console (which is in the glovebox) I'd be asking the dealer some questions.

Hi John,
Cheers for the reply - the car is an 07 plate, Derby Audi supposedly fittied the Audi "genuine" iPod Connection (mine has the dock connector).
By the sound of it, it hasnt had the iPod connection fitted.
I didnt think something was right as my iPod, as mentioned wouldnt work and didnt look correct!
TVM for the reply, its helped a lot mate!

Well My Audi 4 Sport TDI is 03 and i will fit a CL-AADUSB003 from Connect 2, for Both USB and Ipod, i will let you know how it goes
By the way i got Chorus too; i heard the adaptors do not work well for Boss units

Sounds like you have the latest "Aux in" feature which is just a headphone jack. Your headunit will only be able to control the ipod if it is plugged into the dock (25 x 5 mm connector) with the appropriate interface. Is this a brand new car? if so the aux in feature is standard, if you paid £175 for the ipod console (which is in the glovebox) I'd be asking the dealer some questions.
Second that - it sounds as if the dealer has tried to "fob you off" with the standard fit Aux In and hasn't bothered to fit the iPod adapter you paid for (check in the glove box).

Get down to the dealers and ask the salesperson to "explain"...

Hi John,
Cheers for the reply - the car is an 07 plate, Derby Audi supposedly fittied the Audi "genuine" iPod Connection (mine has the dock connector).
By the sound of it, it hasnt had the iPod connection fitted.
I didnt think something was right as my iPod, as mentioned wouldnt work and didnt look correct!
TVM for the reply, its helped a lot mate!

Do you have this fitted in the glovebox?
855_0.jpg