A3 Interior Bulbs - LED Upgrade

tobycruse

Reaction score
Very quick question. What are the fitments for the interior bulbs in the A3. I know 2 of the 6 bulbs are 42mm festoon. What are the other 4 bulbs, the base is about 10mm. This is to upgrade the inerior bulbs to a pure white led bulbs, they consume less power, emit no heat, and give a pure white light instead of that naff looking yellow light. Oh, if it helps i do have the interior lighting pack.

After looking around i believe its a 233 bulb. Can anyone confirm this?

wouldn't bother,

I tried LED bulbs, they just don't work quite right, they tend to glow when they are supposed to be off! Very distracting at night.

Before you splash the cash I have a couple of the festoon bulbs you are welcome to try, pm if interested.

Andy

Just fitted the new LED bulbs, work a treat. Bright white light and when they switch off, they are off. I know what you mean, i did have some blue leds and they would glow slightly at night, not a problem now!

The ones I had just glowed when the car was runing PITA!

Maybe the newer ones are better, I got mine about four years ago they worked fine in an 8L but not 8P.

Just fitted the new LED bulbs, work a treat. Bright white light and when they switch off, they are off. I know what you mean, i did have some blue leds and they would glow slightly at night, not a problem now!

Pics???

I guess the LED would just glow as the capacitor for the delay system expects a set wattage, causing a timed delay, if the drain is lower then it will last longer.

I see what your saying regarding the time delay but I'm sure the delay switch off operates on a digital voltage reduction system. I say this because changing the blub to LED had no effect on the switch off delay. Imagine if it did, changing a 10w bulb to 0.5w, you would be there all day! The site i got them from is:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/led-interior-bulbs-c-589.html

The LED's i purchased are:

2 x 264 LED Extreme Power Festoon Bulbs - 42mm
4 x 233 LED Quad Bulbs

Will aim to get pics up asap!