1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Heated seats

turricann Jan 22, 2013

1. turricann

turricann New Member

Going to wire up my A5 heated in my A3 just wondering are they temperature controlled or are they simply on or off ?

Reason i am asking is because i have a manual air con so I don't think i can fit the climate control module with heated seat switch.

allso does any one know what the pin-outs are on the seat side??

2. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

As far as I am aware all Audi seats are temp controlled. You might be able to wire them up into a custom switch or a switch from an older Audi that has the seat heating separate but you would have to figure out yourself how that would work. As for the seat side wiring I may be able to find the a5 wiring schematic from elsa but I'm sure I saw it posted on the forum not too long ago

3. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

Let us know how you getting on with this as me and ash are still figuring out how to do this. :think:

4. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

Digzz you need to come round sometime next week after the snow goes away so i can crack this for you.

5. Ash187

6. J.R.

J.R. "Started From The Bottom" VCDS Map User

I'm on it ....Give me a day and i'm there...:racer:

7. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

I thought you controlled them with the five settings on the thumbwheel switches?