1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 health check - is this normal?!

nick4501 Jun 22, 2010

1. nick4501

nick4501 Member

Quick question:

When I press the left dash stick, I'm told that my next service is due in 2000 miles, but pressing it again is what is worrying me....

It shows a RED oil dripping symbol, then a RED water temp symbol, then a yellow brake pad light, yellow petrol light and finally a yellow "OK".

My friend has an S3 and he says that his doesn't do this. Is this normal for an a3?...Surely a red oil and water light must be a bad thing...?!

Thanks.

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Thats the test button for the DIS it proves that the symbols work that's all don't worry !

3. nick4501

nick4501 Member

Thanks mate, that is really good to know!...But why doesn't my mate's S3 behave in the same way?

4. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

The S3 should have it, its nothing to worry about, it is just a health check, what year is your mates S3, if its a pre facelift then it may not have the DIS option for it??

5. nick4501

nick4501 Member

I have now confirmed that my mate was in fact talking ****! - his S3 does the same. Thanks fellas.

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

LOL...happy days!!