1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 HEADLIGHT WIRING QUESTION

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by BACKSTEP, Jun 30, 2010.

1. BACKSTEP

BACKSTEP New Member

HI,HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP,i have bought a 2006 a3 s line with most of the front parts missing ,have got most bits but having major probs with headlamps. The car should have xenons at 800 quid each,but i have bought some 2nd hand ,only just noticed the plug connections are different to the plugs on my car ie pins are in different positions was told if i get the right plugs,they should work ok.Have got right plugs to fit lamps but all by 2 wires they are all different colours.so dont know which to which.I would be happy to put std halogen lights on but would they work.any ideas Thanks Tim
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

its not a simple case of swapping halogens in, the wires would normally match for normal xenons but it sounds like the car might have had bi-xenons hence the different wiring. You would also need to recode the car to tell it that i doent have xenons too. Where are you located?
  3. BACKSTEP

BACKSTEP New Member

hi,im in Doncaster can you tell me the difference between xenon and bi xenon,cant believe how complexed these dam things are this is my first Audi project and also Xenon Tim
  4. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

xenon lights ar only main beam, bixenon work on both main and full beam
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

mmm, isnt there a good Audi breaker in Donnie? might be easier just to buy a pair of bi's. Check ebay too, think you can get a pair for £450+del
  6. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets

hmm, do tell, im looking for a few bits
  7. dramirez

dramirez New Member