1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 handbrake failure

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by lusherda, Sep 27, 2010.

1. lusherda

lusherda New Member

Picture the scene if you will, I have an A3 2006 went to the supermarket packed it with goodies plus luggage and reversed parked in on a drive. After filling it - bearing in mind the car had been parked for 6 hours or more, went in the kitchen and noticed the car dashboard lights were on - fully - only trouble I had the keys in my had so went out to investigate. Turned the key engine started depite being in reverse gear and handbrake on and went like a train, I was hanging in half in half out, broke my shoe because my right foot nearly got sucked under the car. As it was going at huge speed towards the tree managed to get my left foot on the brake otherwise it would have gobe througth the tree in down the garden and broke a brick wall. As it happens I slowed the impact but I have concussion, three broken fingers bruises where you would not believe and the car has been repair. So in fairness what the hell is going on there!

:unsure:
  2. The Challinor

The Challinor Well-Known Member

3. gavin89

gavin89 Wana go Low gotta go Slow

What the hell are you on about? lol So did it break the brick wall or not? How did you get 3 broken fingers when your foot supposed to be stuck? :laugh:
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  4. The Challinor

The Challinor Well-Known Member

Think there just full of s**t
  5. lusherda

lusherda New Member

Thats nice , thanks for your support guys. its not difficult is it , or is it to understand, i still smacked the tree, got concussion but it was A LOT SLOWER! so when you complain about you stupid little alloys and other stupid things I WILL HAVE EQUAL SYMPAMPHY I AM SURE, chasing a run away car is not fun especially when you get injured ! and now I have it back from the garage there is electric fault on the lights so stuff you. I could have been loaded my children or warming the car up in the winter and it runs away - the sole purpose of this is to warn people about the hand brake which cannot cope with a 1.9TDI engine and an audi which has electrical faults - so get over yourselves please. life is worth more.
  6. lusherda

lusherda New Member

And whoever responded in a nice way thankyou, you know who you are and its appreciated
  7. lusherda

lusherda New Member

Gavin 89

You want to learn to read my friend it helps! thanks for your support. If you read it properly you would realise I smacked a tree not a wall and I feel very sorry for you .

Lessons
    Read something properly and then
    Comment

You have no credence with me as you messed up so read the description again

Thanks
    D
  8. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

your ok thats the main thing....can i ask why you started the car with it in gear.......this is the 8L section by the way:blush:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  9. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

Lusherda,

Firstly, your use of grammar and punctuation in your first two posts is shocking.
    Secondly, why exactly did you turn on your ignition with it in gear? Is it an automatic? If manual, did you not have your foot on the clutch?

Sounds like you got off lightly with those injuries. Just think of poor poor Brian Harvey...
  10. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

lol.....you can see where he got excited writing it