1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Front wiper relay location

Pubemammal May 11, 2013

1. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Hi guys, anyone know where the wiper relay is located? Can't find any diagrams on this. Thanks

2. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

​Im pretty sure it is below the steering wheel. The guys will correct me if i am wrong. :) x

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Sandra likes this.
  4. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Perfect thankyou very much

5. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

OK so removed the wiper relay... However it was still clicking when wipers were moving is this a sign that the relay may not be at fault after all?

Also the metal clips to hold the dash panel under steering wheel... Are these just push fit because I can't seem to get them clipped back in!?

Thanks

Attached Files:

6. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

7. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

8. A3_130

A3_130 Member

What problem were you getting to make you want to change the relay- intermittent wipe not working properly? Worth getting another one from a breakers yard to try it. I did when mine went on a Golf Mk4 TDI and got two of the relays for a fiver! Several models use the 377 wiper relay so shouldn't be hard to get one. Clips are push fit - just a bit of a knack to it.

9. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Sorry forgot I posted the original problem on a different thread :eek:

The problem is that the wipers do not turn off even with stalk in the off position, they stay on intermittent, wiping the windscreen every 20 seconds or so.

10. A3_130

A3_130 Member

11. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Oh bugger! Really thought it would be as simple as changing the relay. No idea how to get to the switch! Looks like more forum trawling for me :rolleyes:

12. Pubemammal

Pubemammal Active Member

Changed the relay today... Wipers fixed! Thank god for that. Thanks for all your help

Vex182 likes this.