A3 Front Bumper Removal

there should be screws in the wheel archs and screws under the bumper and plug like clips on the top under the bonnet

and the whole thing should slide off towards the front of the car... :icon_thumright:

Use a wood screw to take the inside part of the lugs on the slam panel out or you'll lose them and it is easy I've done it a few times

1 - Torx head screws, there are 4 or 5 on the edge of the wheelarch to remove (helps to have someone else to turn the wheels full left and right for access)

2 - Open bonnet, there are four plastic rivet type things in a line along the slam panel above the top of the middle bit of the grille (looks like a circle 1/2" diameter with another circle in the middle), screw a small screw JUST into the hole in the centre and pull out the middle bit (about 1-1/2" inch length), then lever up and pull out the larger outer part.

3 - Underneath the bumper there are two philips head screw to take out. look where the lower grilles are, where the larger middle one meets the smaller outer ones, look at the bottom of the bumper roughly in line with this.

EASIER WITH TWO PEOPLE! although perfectly manageable by one, suggest you put a blanket or rug in front so when you inevitably lose grip of it and it falls down it won;t scratch.
get a hold of one end at the wheel arch, pull it outwards from the wing (rather than back or forward etc) until it clears the guides/brackets and then pull it forwards. once one end is out the other end comes out really easily. before you walk off with it to lay it down unplug any front fogs or headlamp washer hoses etc.

piece of ****. mine almost jumps off on command these days!

speaking of bumpers, i have seen a few 8p bumpers on a 8L A3.... what different about the fitment?

Photo-00031-1.jpg

Mmmmmmm nice :no:

Reactions: 73DDY
that bonnet looks gay! lol

i need a new bumper on mine as my mate (previous owner) kissed a bench. Dont suppose you know the work invloved to you voorhees? i think it will look alright without a spastic bonnet. sorry, scope bonnet!

Last edited: