A3 Folding Mirrors

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Has anybody retro fitted folding mirrors to a 2010 A3 (latest facelift) because my car was already built the dealer said they could not be done. If so any idea on cost compared to factory order.

Only my house has quite a small garage and the new A3 has mirrors like elephants ears :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Thanks in advance.

they are about £700 to retrofit.. i know because my car was meant to come with them and it didnt.. Audi tried makin me pay.. it was between£700-£800 fitted.. New mirrors & new door mirror control panel..

afaik rye the control panels are no longer required as they are all good for folding etc (i may be incorrect on this) and all that is required for the retro is mirrors and a new switch. just fyi tfsi they dont fold that far in

afaik rye the control panels are no longer required as they are all good for folding etc (i may be incorrect on this) and all that is required for the retro is mirrors and a new switch. just fyi tfsi they dont fold that far in

thats what i meant the switch.. that has the 12 o clock position to close the mirrors! :p

they are about £700 to retrofit.. i know because my car was meant to come with them and it didnt.. Audi tried makin me pay.. it was between£700-£800 fitted.. New mirrors & new door mirror control panel..

£7-800 sheesh i,m sure they are only about £100 from the factory.

Will do without and keep folding my drivers mirror in and out to ease garage entry.

Cheaper to get one painted a few times if i ever misjudge it

Thanks for the info.

Just while your on guys, me and the missus expected our Sline ride to be harsh having had SE,s before and its not as bad as we thought apart from a sunk grid or deepish dip results in quite a loud DONK coming from the suspension (state of British roads), apart from that it corners flat with no roll and wallow like our SE,s use to.

Is this DONK normal to all Slines ?

Had the same thing happen to me. I spec'd folding mirrors and it didn't come with them. Dealer said they couldn't be retro fitted, but after a few calls to various other dealers found out they could be done for £640. Humble pie from my dealer and they were fitted in a day LOL. They did offer the money paid for them when spec'd, but I wasn't having any of that....their problem so they had to sort