1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Foglights doesnt fit

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by anderswhk, Oct 31, 2012.

1. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

Is the foglights suppose to fit nicely in the foglight grills, before you install them? I have the grills and the foglights from DEPO, but they cant sit in the grill at all. The glass appears to be way too wide.

Are there more than 1 kind of foglights for the A3? The ones i bought said 2000 and onward. I am confused to say the least, and so is the shop i got them from. These are the foglights: AUDI A3 2000-03 FRONT FOG LIGHTS / FOG LAMPS 1 PAIR | eBay

Left grill part number: 8L0 807 489 A

Right grill part number: 8L0 807 490 A

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0248.jpg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

They sit behind the grill...

4. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

Dave, ofcourse, i know that, but the glass appears to be too wide to seal the light in place properly. Kinda hard to explain.

dawd.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

Unless it all magically comes together when you screw it to the valance, then it simply does not fit. It definetly looks like its made for the car, but the glass cone appears to be too large for the grill hole, and yes, from the right side. Im a complete rookie in this.

I guess it could be answered easily. Is there suppose to be a gap between grill and light, when fitted to the car? I thought it was gonna sit nice a snug together.

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

Yes mate thats how they go, it will all become clear when you fit it..

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

they do not fit snug, the light shows through the hole in the vent and then looks fitted when on the car. I think you need to fit them to the car and then look

7. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

Okay thanks, i will have a look tomorrow :) Biggest challenge for me will be the wire harness.