A3 fog lights on pre 2001 model

I

imported_RonX

Hi all,
I know that vagparts sell a fog light kit for pre 2001 model http://www.vagparts.com/pages/A3lights.htm, I presume that the parts could be bought from the dealership (grilles, lower spoiler and fog lights), but what about their "secret" modification parts? Which parts are these?

A3_fog_kit.jpg

Thanks in advance

I would imagine vagparts prolly include wiring adapters with which to connect the existing (Pre-facelift) foglight switch to the Facelift Fogs. After all, those pre-facelift A3's that had fogs were intergrated in the headlight part. Therefore you'll need to get the juice down into the lower grill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Don't know what the 'secret' parts are mate, but I thought the kit was for post 2001 MY by the looks of it?

On their site they say that is a conversion kit to give the 2001 look to prevoious models. I think it was on this forum that some person bought that kit.

you're right, its only for pre facelift models or models that didnt have the fog lights on the lower valence

I enquired about this and vagparts do not include any wiring....so if you want to actually use them you will need to fabricate your own loom and source power from the battery etc. This is the reason why I have never done this conversion so let me know if you find an easy way around it!

Just had a reply from VAG Parts regarding foglights for facelift (2001MY) A3's.

The kit is £129+Vat, and the OE switch is £51+VAT. Will let you all know if I can get them working using OE fittings!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif