1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 flushed boot and central locking issues

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by amangill1984, Feb 18, 2012.

1. amangill1984

amangill1984 New Member

Cheers for reading...

I've got a flushed boot on my A3 and i'm having issues with the central locking boot lock. When I press the button, I can hear the mechanism work but it doesn't pop the boot. If I try and open it by the latch under the number plate recess again I can hear the mechanism but it doesn't open. It does open after a while of trial and error... Locking, unlocking, trying boot, locking, unlocking, trying boot, trying boot, locking, trying boot... a random order each time but it does pop after a while.

Does anyone know what might be causing the issue here? I don't think its electrical as surely it wouldn't make any noise when pressing the button.

Obviously I can't open the boot with the key as the key lock has been removed from the boot.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

I would give it a squirt of WD40, poking the little red tube down into the lock mechanism. I had my bonnet lock playing up just last week, the bonnet would not lock down, but kept springing up again. A quick squirt of oil freed up the mechanism a treat. Worth a try. Good luck.
  3. amangill1984

amangill1984 New Member

This worked a treat, thanks!