1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 flushed boot and central locking issues

amangill1984 Feb 18, 2012

1. amangill1984

amangill1984 New Member

Cheers for reading...

I've got a flushed boot on my A3 and i'm having issues with the central locking boot lock. When I press the button, I can hear the mechanism work but it doesn't pop the boot. If I try and open it by the latch under the number plate recess again I can hear the mechanism but it doesn't open. It does open after a while of trial and error... Locking, unlocking, trying boot, locking, unlocking, trying boot, trying boot, locking, trying boot... a random order each time but it does pop after a while.

Does anyone know what might be causing the issue here? I don't think its electrical as surely it wouldn't make any noise when pressing the button.

Obviously I can't open the boot with the key as the key lock has been removed from the boot.

Thanks in advance.

2. Geraldy212

Geraldy212 Sportback owner

I would give it a squirt of WD40, poking the little red tube down into the lock mechanism. I had my bonnet lock playing up just last week, the bonnet would not lock down, but kept springing up again. A quick squirt of oil freed up the mechanism a treat. Worth a try. Good luck.

3. amangill1984

amangill1984 New Member

This worked a treat, thanks!