A3 FACELIFT CONVERSION

DrDavidBanner

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so firstly hello!

I have a A3 sline 2.0 TFSI Quattro (2006) with Xenons that I want to convert to the face lift with Xenon LED DTL etc.

I have the wings and bonnet for the new shape, I know I'll be needing the lights, bumper and grille yet.

Does anyone know if there is anything else that I'll need structurally underneath? I know I'll need various fittings etc which I can pick up as I do the job, but I just want to make sure I have all the expensive bits before I start.

At this point I'll just be doing the front, not fussed about mirrors etc just yet.

I know guy called Phil has done a similar conversion and has a build thread on VAGOC, but since the site has been down for over a week I'm unable to view it and I don't think there was aparts list anyway.

thanks in advance

Pete

Hi and welcome to the forum Pete.

Have a quick search there a few threads covering this and one with all the parts you will need.

Good luck

Hi Pete, i havent done any mods myself so don't rely on me 100% - but i think you need the wing mirrors to be road legal - if you are going to the 8P3, ie the most up to date face, the wings no longer have indicators as these were moved to the wing mirrors. mine has indicators on the wing mirrors so i don't think you'd be able to do the face lift without these - and you might also need to code these as well..

Plezz.

i'm interested to see what the saloon version will look like. i saw a picture of one at a geneva motor show recently and it looked awesome.