A3 facelift 170tdi common rail delivery dates

newsboy

Reaction score
Hi all does anyone
have a delivery date yet for the new 170 tdi common rail engine
ordered mine 3 months ago still no date :wtf:

keep asking the dealer but still no dates

I ordered my new car in March, originally delayed till September/October due to the facelift - but it was brought forward and built in mid July. I pick it up on the 1st of Sept - it is a A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI (170) quattro - so they have started building them.....

hi Rawlinson
is your order car the face lift common rail 170 tdi

Hello

It is listed on the order as the 2009 model - when I ordered it it was pre-facelift but then was moved over to the MY09 model and I had to re-spec it with the dealer (since some othe the s-line options had changed like the full leather etc) - I was surprised by the date coming forward but my Dealer (nigel at Smith kingth Fay stockport) told me that they had brought forward the initial production from September

just didnt think the 170s where coming through yet
thats what the dealer says

Is it sensible to order the first off the production line? You are simply acting as the Beta tester for the manufacturer.........

Is it sensible to order the first off the production line? You are simply acting as the Beta tester for the manufacturer.........

I think new engines get a lot more testing than the average computer software and it comes with a far better warranty.

Audi have been producing the new cr-140 version for some time and the new 170 is already available in the A4 as well as the A3.

I didn't think production of the 170 CR in the A3 started until October/November?

I didn't think production of the 170 CR in the A3 started until October/November?

The document issused by Audi UK to their dealers in April 2008 giving details of the 'New generation A3s' stated...

"Please note that the 2.0TDI 170PS (front wheel drive and quattro) starts production in week 36/08 for both A3 and A3 Sportback"

and week 36/08 is week beginning Monday 1 September 2008 which now is only 4 days away.

So how is that guy getting his 1st september?!

I remember seeing that document on here but couldnt remember the date it said, knew it hadn't started yet anyway!

Unless Audi changed there minds and didnt bother to press release it ???

I def remember my dealer saying i would not get one till about mid october time as not being built till september...

i suppose there could be facelift A3's coming through with the current 170PD engine in them... i mean its mechanically the same engine just with some different bits bolted on - easy enough for them to swap between the two when they want to, ie, no mods to the mechanicals of the cars

i'd be supprised if its he 170tdi common rail

as I understand things, the cr170 manuals will arrive early sept, whereas the s-tronics will arrive early oct - this is what I was told by my dealer.

I was also originally told that it would be September/October - however the Dealer and then Audi sales confirmed it had been brought forward ( the dealer originally also printed off the article on audi's intranet regarding build week 36 - hence I was also originally concerned!).
I will post pictures and stuff on Monday afternoon once I have picked it up!

According to the engine codes in ETKA there is a code CBBB which is a 125kw 170hp diesel and production start is given as 07/08. It seems from the other codes that the C as the first digit indicates common-rail.

When you do collect it let us know the engine type from the sticker in the service book or under the covering in the luggage area.

Probably CBBB - 125kw/170hp from 07/08

The Engine code is CBBB 08/08 125KW as noted on the sticker in the fornt cover of the service manual

Does that mean its the new common rail diesel engine?

It sure does. Audi have obviously started the production of the 170 engines earlier than they originally said.

How's the new car? Let us know what you think of the new 170 CR engine.

My new car certainly has a lot more go then my previous 2.0 TDI (140) - also the engine is noticably more refined. I am just about to go out in it for a drive to try and get more used to it. It does seem very solidly built even compared to my previous A3. I will put up piccs later when i have chance to take some decent ones.

you have taken two steps up though as (and it hurts me to say this..) the 'old' TDI170 was/is more refined than the 140TDI (PD), so definately a CR 170 should be a step forward even more!

just didnt think the 170s where coming through yet
thats what the dealer says
My dealer called me today to tell me that my A3 2.0 TDI 170 Sport Quattro (manual) had arrived today. He's getting a reg number for me and I'm picking it up next Friday :)

I'll be checking those numbers to make sure it is the common-rail diesel. I told them that's what I wanted...

Good luck, I'd be extremely annoyed if I got the old engine whe I specifically asked for the newer one.

On a semi related topic, how long did it take for your car to arrive in the UK and ready to pick up from build date? My car is finally being build next week, would love an rough estimate of when I can expect it

still no date for mine maybe its the exclusive colour :mad:

Good luck, I'd be extremely annoyed if I got the old engine whe I specifically asked for the newer one.

On a semi related topic, how long did it take for your car to arrive in the UK and ready to pick up from build date? My car is finally being build next week, would love an rough estimate of when I can expect it

Usually it's between 2 and 4 weeks.

Usually it's between 2 and 4 weeks.

Yep, my car arrived three weeks after the build date and it's a total of 7-8 weeks since we ordered it.

Picking it up tomorrow, pics on Monday most likely :)

Yep, my car arrived three weeks after the build date and it's a total of 7-8 weeks since we ordered it.

I shall be very interested to hear what you think of the new 170 common-rail engine.

How are you finding the 170 diesel?

ordered mine in may now a december delivery i think