1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 exterior s3 conversion build

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Harry2221, May 7, 2011.

1. Harry2221

Harry2221 New Member

Hi guys I'm relatively new too the Audi seen however I used to own a mk5 golf r32 replica which although was a stunning car it didn't drive anywhere near as well as my recent 2005 05 reg Audi a3 2.0 tdi 140 dsg sline sport. I've recently sold the car as the miles where getting on a bit as it just reached 100k and also it was the older split grille model.

I'm looking to get an s3 however insurance is an issue due to my age! Not mentioning the ££
    therefore I'm currently looking for a newer sline 140 or 170 dsg between the age of 55-57 maybe 58 reg price and mileage dependant. Then I'm going to complete a full exterior version off my dream car however I've been trying to price parts and it's becoming very tricky to gauge prices so I thought I'd quest the help of the Audi experts!!

I require completing a 2010 black edition replica
    Or a single grille black edition replica, however having drl's is preffered depending on the cost and wiring etc on which I'm not to sure which model and front bumper suits this and weather or not side panels would be needed to complete the conversion as this would end up being to costly I believe?

Any advice on parts i would neeed to complete the conversion and my best options considering price. Fitting and spraying the parts will not be an issue as I have a friend who works at an Audi approved bodyworks however sourcing the parts is my job :s in which I'm struggling to get. Y head around parts and fitment comparability.

Thanks in advance and look forward to spending more time on this forum gaining and sharing knowledge. Thanks in advance regards Harry.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Harry2221

Harry2221 New Member

bummmmmpp :D

4. asasprey

asasprey Member

Alot of people do the 2008+ conversion which I believe requires new bonnet, grille, wings, bumper and lights etc.
    Not sure about the rear, I know you can get my11 rear lights conversion kit off eBay. We are talking cost wise proberbly as much as it would be to insure an s3! And your insurance will go up alot due to the amount of s3's getting stolen recently. Hope this helped.