1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 Engine Swap & Back Door....

Offtrack4Speed Dec 30, 2006

1. Offtrack4Speed

Offtrack4Speed New Member

Yup I am the idiot that got the flooded A3 8L, 97 hatch Try to unlock the engine but no luck with that. I think it has to do with being full of salt water for two years. Mmm I wonder. hehe any way! I need to find a wrecked car in the us to get an engine and a Tranny. So people what should I look for? Mine is a right hand drive, I was told the engine and tranny are in te same position but I am nt sure. I tought about a A4 1.8T but not sure. Would a V6 be better? I am also looking to make it a simple swap.. So also any VW engine that would be the same? They are cheaper and easier to find. Would that work? Help me out here... I dont have the key of the back door, anybody know how to open it from the inside or something? Haven't sein a pull for it.

2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

The A4 engine and tranny are different, you dont say what your engine spec is to comparem but some VWs and seats have the same engine/box as the 1.8t

3. Offtrack4Speed

Offtrack4Speed New Member

Thanks man! I am going to check the engine Code Now...