1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a3 elec window problems!!! plz help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jochaleaton, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jochaleaton

jochaleaton New Member

hi all, my windows have gone real slow and get about 4" from top then return to bottom, have tried wd40 in window channel but is not ideal and dont allways work, any other idears????
    cheers tony
  2. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

im having the exact same problem with my driverside window. its not the regulator clips, the window is jus incredibly slooooooow and then will stop an inch or so away from the top. some times it will work ok but 9/10 its just sooo slow and leaves a gap. if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help. thanks.
  3. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

oh, and i dont think it is the fuse as i have looked through the haynes manual and it seems to have one fuse for both drivers and passenger side front windows and the passenger is perfect. cheers.
  4. lucksta

lucksta Audi OCD

The best spray to use has got to be silicone grease (Halfords about £5). Might be worth cleaning the channels out first though, try wrapping a wet cloth around something blunt and running it through a few times.
  5. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

yup, took the glass out and greesed up all the rails and have the same problem every so often. could it be the earth point?
  6. abdus

abdus Top Gear

try resetting the ECU. disconnect the battery for 15-20mins and connect again. start the car and let it idle. Might cure the problem
  7. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

nope, tht is fine, done that and the passenger front window works perfectly and they are both on the same fuse
  8. ErikSpeed

ErikSpeed New Member

Hi,
    I have the same problem. Do you know if there's a possibility to reset this ecu WITHOUT disconnecting the battery (have a original Audi radio without knowing radio safety code).
  9. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

right, i took the motor off today, stripped it down and re-greased the inside, used sum sand paper and electrical contact cleaner on all the pins on the socket and plug and rebuilt it. no change, it starts off ok but then just gives up half way up and becomes very slow and will leave a gap at the top of the window.

Also when i use the key to close the windows after its been locked the passenger and sunroof close but the drivers window doesnt move.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.