A3 ECU swap

I

imported_ceefna

Hello once more, Don't laugh if this is ridiculus, but is it possible to fit a S3 Ecu to a 180 BHP A3? because as I understand it they are basically the same engine? Bet this is dumb hey?
Don't hammer me too much with the replies!
CFN

you would need to recode ECU for your car clocks and keys,

plus change injectors, fpr, turbo, and still there are more differences on internals

better would be to get your current ECU remapped if your after more power

if you need a new ECU find one with same part numbers as the one that came stock with the car or your car wont run right

i cant remember which way round it is but on one of the petrol engine managemnet courses i have done this question was brought up, on one of either the 180 or the 210 or 225 S3 or TT engines everything is the same except for the map in the ECU, this was to cut down costs and save money when making the different spec S lines!

i believe it was the 210 that could be just swopped and coded over to allow 225 performance, but i cannot be certain!

best just do as recommended above, get your ECU chipped or remapped and you will get more of a performance gain than that anyway, also for a start the dealer will charge you for swopping and coding new units approx 2hrs labour and if it does not work then you will be charged to have it put back then you will have to supply all ID!

cheaper and better get a REMAP approx £500