1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A3 DIS service mileage problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by billymct, Jun 24, 2008.

1. billymct

billymct New Member

[Jun 24, 2008]
    Hi - I have a 2007 tdi Sportback 140 and it has recently been to dealer for its first service - they reset the oil change reminder thing on the DIS but not the service one. They also damaged an alloy wheel so I have had them pick the car up and fix that, and I asked them to reset the service mileage but it came back saying 4400 miles until next service - is this right? Surely not as I had it serviced at 18500 miles so wouldn't be expecting a service until about 30k miles. I'm getting fed up taking it to the dealer now - is there a way of resetting the indicator myself?

cheers

Billy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

[Jun 24, 2008]
    Pulling out on the mileage reset knob for about 10 seconds will reset the service interval, but it will set it to fixed service intervals - i.e. 1 year\12000 miles. If the dealer put you on a variable service interval then it won't be accurate.

You can also reset it using VAG-COM (or VCDS as it is now known), but i'm not sure if that puts it onto the variable service interval.